Judging People

Discuss the May 2017 Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger.

View Farmer Beau's Farm on Bookshelves
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Re: Judging People

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Judging people and being judged is a normal experience. This is an evidence that humans are not perfect. We misjudge others, but it is our responsibility to patch things up and correct our mistakes.

-- 09 May 2017, 21:41 --

Judging people and being judged is a normal experience. This is an evidence that humans are not perfect. We misjudge others, but it is our responsibility to patch things up and correct our mistakes.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I guess the next question I want to ask everyone is, if you see someone being misjudged by the majority, do you follow the opinion of the majority?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

Unfortunately, yes to both. I think, especially younger people, are influenced so much by parents and siblings that it takes time before they can make their own judgement about people after getting to know them, instead of by physical appearance or gossip. I wish this wasn't as common a problem as it truly is!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. I find that others judge me often because "I don't look sick." However, having these issues has helped me to not judge others as much. I try to keep a much more open mind towards others with differences whether they show on the outside or not.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

papaya12 wrote:Judging people is one of my greatest flaws and I feel that I should be working it. You can basically be sure that when I walk in a room that I'm judging all of you. I think the reason why i do it so easily is that it doesn't hurt my feelings when people judge me. I couldn't care less what you think about me. Also, to answer your second question, I'm sure that people have judged me many times and I just don't know about it.
I am your opposite. I strive hard not to judge people because it hurts me so much if someone judges me. What makes us similar is, the great flaws I committed to judging people.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

kandscreeley wrote:I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. I find that others judge me often because "I don't look sick." However, having these issues has helped me to not judge others as much. I try to keep a much more open mind towards others with differences whether they show on the outside or not.
I love how you bring up that differences aren't just on the outside but they are on the inside too. Either way, we all must work hard not to judge people on either.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
ifeoma obike
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifeoma-obike.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by ifeoma obike »

I've received harsh judgement many times, but I don't let it get to me, on the contrary it makes me stronger and more determined. I used to judge people based on their actions and behaviour, but I've learnt that things are not always what they seem to be. I now consider the reasons behind that. I never judge people based on things beyond their control like physical appearance, race, educational or social status.
Janien van Rooyen
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janien-van-rooyen.html

Post by Janien van Rooyen »

I have been judged many times and I'm sure it will still continue happening in the future. For this reason I refrain from judging others, no matter what
Subnavigation54
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Subnavigation54 »

We all judge and we are all judged...and it's nothing wrong with it.
Moniquejm
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2759">What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict</a>
Currently Reading: Small Change
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moniquejm.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Moniquejm »

Judging people based on their apperance is sometimes unavoidable. It takes moment before I realize that I should not judge him or her immediately.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
SilviaP21
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silviap21.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by SilviaP21 »

We all judge and get judged. Every day. Even if sometimes we don't realize it. I think this is just the human nature. We all have some sort of feeling and attitude towards someone different than us. I think the key is to try and see past that judgement and discover the characters and personalities. And if we really try that, we will definitely succeed.
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
bruin
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: Havana 1995 -english version- by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat

Post by bruin »

I do observe people when I first see or meet them. I don't treat them different based on how they look, but if they approach me in a threatening way, I will probably react to it. I know I get judged when people first meet me because they'll admit that they thought of me differently before they actually got to know me.
hailvilla18
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailvilla18.html
Latest Review: "Loving Marie" by Dawn Reno Langley

Post by hailvilla18 »

Being judged is common. People will often criticize you with how you look, talks, or act. It is also normal to be hurt. However, the better thing to do is to show who you really are. There is no need to pretend just to please other people.

-- 24 May 2017, 04:10 --

Being judged is common. People will often criticize you with how you look, talks, or act. It is also normal to be hurt. However, the better thing to do is to show who you really are. There is no need to pretend just to please other people.
Latest Review: "Loving Marie" by Dawn Reno Langley
Eoui
Favorite Author: Timothy Zahn
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eoui.html
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch
fav_author_id: 9892

Post by Eoui »

Having red hair tends to bring on a lot of judgement! Not always a bad thing, but I get a lot of comments about "Oh I must be this and this and act like this cos of that fiery red hair!" I think it's just something that becomes ingrained in us and maybe it's a bit more of an instincts side, often our gut is more on point about people than our brains, at least in terms of personalities over appearances.
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch
TheSeelieCourtJester
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theseeliecourtjester.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Post by TheSeelieCourtJester »

There was a time when people judged me based on the color of my skin, or the fact that I was so quiet. In fact, in high school someone literally came up to me, said hi, and told me that they felt that if they didn't, I'd be some mass murderer and go on to kill the entire school. I'd find myself judging others based on how they behaved, what they talked about, what they wore. I remember in elementary school, I used to judge other girls by whether or not they wore the color pink, if they liked Bieber, ect. It was horrible, now that I recall it.
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Return to “Discuss "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger”