Judging People

Discuss the May 2017 Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger.

View Farmer Beau's Farm on Bookshelves
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Re: Judging People

Post by Ama Idim » 26 Jul 2017, 02:22

I admit I judge people... Dont we all? Turns out true or false mostly, I'm trying to reduce it and I cant count the number of times people have told me 'oh...I thought you were this or when I first saw you u looked like you were that but now I know you, you're not like that', most times their initial assumptions are quite negative
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Kinnera
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinnera.html
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin

Post by Kinnera » 27 Jul 2017, 23:55

I try my best not to judge people by factors they can't control, but I do realise that I don't always follow that. Not always. But we are the people we make ourselves, and I try to consciously not fall back into patterns.
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin

May-an Tinangag
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by May-an Tinangag » 28 Jul 2017, 07:09

We, as humans don't have the right to judge other people because all of us are not perfect. I do believe in the saying that "No one is perfect except our creator."

riazziea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riazziea.html
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)" by Victor Rose
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by riazziea » 29 Jul 2017, 15:44

My sister and I have been working with children and adults with disabilities for many years now. I work at a farm that allows those with disability get out and ride horses. There was one time I was walking one of my clients back to his car, and there were some younger girls who rode at the barn who laughed and pointed at us. I find this to be ridiculous and uncalled for. They don't know who my client is or how sweet of a person he is, they just judge because he looks and acts a bit different. I feel that you should always get to know someone before you judge them, because you never know who they might be.
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)" by Victor Rose

eelavahs-jay
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay » 30 Sep 2017, 14:27

If I had a dollar for everytime something was implied about being because of the way I looked I would be a swimming in cash. Dealing with judgy people is an everyday thing for me.

Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by Anjum » 25 Nov 2017, 04:32

Yes. I am always judged as weak and fragile because of my child like appearance.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Return to “Discuss "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger”