Judging People

Discuss the May 2017 Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger.

View Farmer Beau's Farm on Bookshelves
Vitadolce
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitadolce.html

Re: Judging People

Post by Vitadolce »

Stop judging people. No one is perfect. All human being have their own weakneas
Papercut
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Papercut »

I judge people when I got to know them or care for them. I don't like to spend time thinking stuff on people that I barely know. I criticize my friends and family and I let them judge me. Because I know that those words are meaningful to be heard because they see the best and worst of me.
PRAXIDES
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 98862">The 11.05 Murders</a>
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praxides.html
Latest Review: "Missing Pieces" by Christine Betts

Post by PRAXIDES »

On everal occasions I have been negatively judged by people because of my quiet appearance. I'm not a talkative person and it takes a lot for me to get used to people around me and be free with them. Many a times I've heard people saying that am proud that's why I don't mingle but that's not the case it's just my nature to be the way I'm.
Latest Review: "Missing Pieces" by Christine Betts
Ayisha M Ashruf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayisha-m-ashruf.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Ayisha M Ashruf »

I have judged people and have been proved wrong. I believe everyone deserves to be given a chance to be known before being judged harshly. People change.
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

I think it is OK if people judge me, because they are telling me what to avoid in future. Many have judged others to be less competent or bound to failure but to me I take it positive and move on to prove them wrong. Otherwise I myself I can't judge.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
Vallen Kale
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vallen-kale.html
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Vallen Kale »

I have been judged by others several times. It is mostly have to do with the way I live my life. From where I have come from, the very definition of 'introvert' is hardly understood. I am not outgoing and uncomfortable with the presence of many people in the same area (particularly in the workplace or even my friend's living room).

They judge me. They think I am anti-social and that I hate people. Yet the truth is I am not what they're saying. I love having social life and I don't hate people. However, my social life is simply limited to certain forms of activities and with certain people I am comfortable with.

The very concept of judging is very human and natural. I think our brain may be naturally wired to be like that. But we can rise above that natural function. I guess that explains why people who refrain from judging others are great men and women because they rise above the predetermined state of being. It sounds pretty cool, to be honest.
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Post by Jeyran Main »

Always, and its not because of your skin color or background. People nowadays just look at you and judge right away.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
Athena Moon
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>
Currently Reading: The Piketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena-moon.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Athena Moon »

I do judge people by their physical appearance. Actually I put a lot of effort in the way I look; I wasn't born this way, I made me. And this way I can notice whenever somebody neglects their looks or not. If they do, I automatically see them as lazy. I shouldn't, but I do.
DDunstock
Currently Reading: Casimir Bridge
Bookshelf Size: 281
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ddunstock.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by DDunstock »

As much as I determine not to judge someone based on differences, it's absolutely human nature. So of course, I have been judged and have judged others. Most of the time - snap judgments. I notice that I later amend my view of someone after I've had time to digest and think. But, I haven't been able to put a halt on my snap judgments and it is something I work on.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Ljessup
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljessup.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Ljessup »

At one point, early on in my career, I had a lip piercing and half a shaved head. I was becoming a teacher and I was definitely judged by my appearance. I went through different interviews with the ending being that they enjoyed me as a person and my ideas and beliefs on things, but my professional look would need some word. I did end up finding a place that embraced how I expressed myself in that time in my life and became a director at that place thus getting my foot in the door for bigger opportunities. I try to remember that exact feeling when I am interviewing people and considering them for part of a team of teachers that will influence children and be open minded instead of allow them the sting of rejection because of their individuality.
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Malfoyy Slitherin
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malfoyy-slitherin.html
Latest Review: "A Caribbean Tragedy" by Roger Stutter

Post by Malfoyy Slitherin »

Never be the Judge..That is what my mum always said..Only God can judge.. you don't have the right to have one look at someone and think they will never amount to anything good in this life. Just be yourself and trust that everything will workout for the better. Never Judge!!!
Latest Review: "A Caribbean Tragedy" by Roger Stutter
Juliet Esther
Currently Reading: That place of knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-esther.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Juliet Esther »

I have been judged and I've also judged others and i later realised that i was wrong, i can't control people who judge me but i can control how i judge people,these days i try as much as possible not to be judgemental and to get to know people. There's is much more inside of a person than colour, physical appearance,language and the rest.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Soumeg
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soumeg.html
Latest Review: "Veterans Day" by J. J. Jorgens

Post by Soumeg »

There have been quite a few instances when I have ended up judging the other person without giving much thought. And in those circumstances, I have often been proved wrong. These have helped me shape my mind, to give a chance to another person before judging them by their actions or physical appearance.
Latest Review: "Veterans Day" by J. J. Jorgens
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

Yes, I was in my early twenties and I went for a job interview at a restaurant and bar. I felt I was open and conducted myself in the best way possible, but the manager treated me like a little kid and like I wouldn't be able to handle the pressure. It's true I look young for my age, so he probably thought I was a teenager, but I just felt disrespected because he made so many assumptions about me and didn't really give me a chance. Quite honestly, I felt he wasted my time by so prematurely judging me on my appearance. Anyway, I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt because of what happened to me. It's almost impossible not to make a first impression judgement, but in doing so I can always ask questions to give the person an opportunity to prove my impressions wrong. This has worked for me many times because I either get confirmation that I was right, or I learn there is much more to someone than meets the eye.
michiness
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michiness.html
Latest Review: "An Unexpected Life" by Victoria Ortiz

Post by michiness »

In all honesty, I think it's human nature to judge. But the key is to not let those judgments impair our actions or us doing the right thing.
Latest Review: "An Unexpected Life" by Victoria Ortiz

Return to “Discuss "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger”