Meeting Someone New

Discuss the May 2017 Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger.

View Farmer Beau's Farm on Bookshelves
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Re: Meeting Someone New

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

I really find it very difficult to get used to someone in a few days we have met especially at this age. I think am just right, because friends have landed people in troubles. So it is good to know someone beyond his facial expressions and treat every word of him/her with a lot of seriousness to judge who they are and weather you can be more closer or not. Otherwise if you have haste in making friends know that they can influence who you are.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
Ebenezerfai
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ebenezerfai »

It all depends on how fast or slow it takes for you to study a new person in your life. Though its not good to make conclusions as soon as possible when it comes to studying a new persons way of life because people turn to pretend at times a lot.
Vallen Kale
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vallen-kale.html
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Vallen Kale »

On the very first day of my nursery school, I remember that I could make friends easily. But I have forgotten when and why, as I grew up, I have found it very hard to make friends.

I started my first day at college six years ago. Believe it or not, I was extremely reluctant to be friends with my classmates. I still don't know why but it felt really uncomfortable. Maybe because I am an introvert but that may not be the case. I do have friends but not that many and I cherish them as much as I cherish my books. Making friends is a really difficult experience for me.
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch
Kinnera
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinnera.html
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin

Post by Kinnera »

Yes! My best friend wasn't the person I liked on first glance, but we warmed up to each other. It took a while, which means years and we both made the effort. Like I mentioned, we're besties now.
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin
Juliet Esther
Currently Reading: That place of knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-esther.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Juliet Esther »

Meeting someone new is always challenging, i love making new friends but sometimes getting to know people can be difficult. When i was younger i uses to be shy so making new friends wasn't really something for me, i remember a classmate i had, at First when she joined our school i judged her wrongly and i was reluctant to get to know her then at some point we were forced to sit next to each other, gradually i got to know her and we became best friends
Ljessup
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljessup.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Ljessup »

I am always reluctant to meet new people. I'm a bit of an introvert and am socially awkward so I experience uneasiness when trying to network. I was reluctant to meet a new person actually just this year, and I am 27. It had nothing to do with the person or any of their traits, but more because of who I am as a person! :D
We did meet though, and became close rather quickly. Now she is my best friend and I have no idea who I'd share my interests, complaints, jokes, or good reads with!
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Soumeg
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soumeg.html
Latest Review: "Veterans Day" by J. J. Jorgens

Post by Soumeg »

That has happened to me so many times that I have got used to it. Since school, i have always felt aversion to people who later on become the best friends in that phase of life. Meeting my life partner was nothing different, which started from repulsion, hate to friends and love.
Latest Review: "Veterans Day" by J. J. Jorgens
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

Yes indeed! Some of the people that ended up being my best friends were people I couldn't stand at first. I once knew a very loud and obnoxious girl who was a few years younger than me and she really got on my nerves. She was always bothering me and jumping around really hyper, but then one day she told me I had a nose like Santa and I was so speechless I kind of just had to take it in for a moment. She started to wonder if I was offended and so I told her she looked like an elf. She started laughing and I started laughing and we kind of bonded from that point on and became really good friends who genuinely cared about each other. We also kept our nicknames, lol.
Aohanlon86
Favorite Author: Charlaine Harris
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcdanel86.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 3791

Post by Aohanlon86 »

in all of my school years I was reluctant and scared to make friends because they may not like me. but now as an adult I figure people with either like me or wont so I talk to people and make new friends
Andrea O'Hanlon
Twisted Creations Home & Bath
Author
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

there is this guy who joined my church as a new member. For some reason or another I was the first person he approached for clarification on something he did not understand. Though I serve as an usher, he did once again approach me to get information about something else. Now I feel he could be a perfect match for a friend but I am still reluctant to allow this friendship. Its not only him But I have always been hesitant about rushing into a friendship
Sophie11
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophie11.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Sophie11 »

I am very shy, and most of my time people imagine i don't want to become friends. But i have to say, once they get into my inner sanctum there is no going back. But i do have reservations for some characters. Just being cautious i guess.
magicquill
Currently Reading: Elf Brief
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magicquill.html

Post by magicquill »

Back when I was a kid, I'm really very shy and reluctant to approach people and make friends. There was a time when I've met my best friend in an awkward situation. That was around 4th grade. I don't really understand at that time when there is like a certain pull that asks me to befriend her and automatically it just happened. Just made small introduction and talk. Thinking I just ignored her before even though we're always on the same class. We just became best of friends until now. I really cherish those times and thanking God that I've met her.
Because if you've found meaning in your life, you don't want to go back. You want to go forward.

- Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie
Kyle789
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyle789.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Kyle789 »

When I was younger I was more of a follower to others. Even now I still do it and I feel as though I don't have much real friends.
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

Still dont know how to approach people first, I always stay with people I already know and I'm comfortable with, I secretly wish I could start a conversation because there are certain people I'll like to talk to but I'm scared of how they might respond
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Ren B
Currently Reading: in a dark, dark wood
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ren-b.html
Latest Review: "H" by Ray Palla

Post by Ren B »

There have been several occasions on which I have not wanted to be friends with someone after first meeting them. The most recent was when I was in my mid-twenties. We ended up having to hangout several times after our first meeting because of mutual friends. Several years later, she is still one of my best friends. I was even in her wedding. Thank goodness for mutual friends making you do stuff!
Latest Review: "H" by Ray Palla

Return to “Discuss "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger”