Video Trailer for the July Book of the Month

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Video Trailer for the July Book of the Month

Post by Scott »

Check out this trailer for the July Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele:
What do you think?

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
LKCooper
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Breaking Sandcastles</a>
Currently Reading: Sherlock Holmes Detective Agency
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by LKCooper »

I thought the visuals were a bit vague. I didn't like the "copy" that the narrator read, obviously provided, though his narration was acceptable. Mostly the ad left me confused, without any real understanding of what the book would be about. "Three people's journey?" to an Adele concert? I don't think it was very effective, and did not increase my desire to purchase a copy. I wish the author every success.
JanieReads
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janiereads.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by JanieReads »

I agreed with the first post, this video left me wondering what was actually going on. Very vague. Maybe it would have made more sense if I'd read what the book was about before watching the video, but then what's the point of the video if not to give information about the book? All I gathered was that three people were going on a trip to an Adele concert. That in itself didn't grab my attention enough to entice me to read the book, I'd need a little more. I will wait for the synopsis, then decide!
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Genna H
Currently Reading: A Tale of Two Cities
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genna-h.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Genna H »

I have already read the book, so I already know what it's about; however, from an external viewpoint, I can see how it was vague. My sense of excitement did increase as it came closer to the Adele image at the end, so maybe that's because I knew what was happening. It's a little difficult to be objective... The book was better. ;)
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I have mixed feelings. I know the premise of the book, so I can see what was happening in the video. But, I think it is unclear, in general, how does going to an Adele concert solve the three people's problems... :eusa-think:

I do plan on reading the book since it will be BOTM for July, but I'm not sure if I would have read the book otherwise. Many OBC members seem to have liked this book, though, so we'll see! :)
Thank you for sharing! :tiphat:
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
nareadyns
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nareadyns.html
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch

Post by nareadyns »

The video is a just mirror for this book. For someone who knows what the book is about, this video will be very confusing. I don't think this can attract one to read the book.

Yet the book is far more interesting.

I wish success to the author

-- 15 Jun 2017, 05:08 --

The video is a just mirror for this book. For someone who knows what the book is about, this video will be very confusing. I don't think this can attract one to read the book.

Yet the book is far more interesting.

I wish success to the author
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch
near
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4578">When Leaves Fall</a>
Currently Reading: The Sword and the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by near »

I think the video is justifiable because the video shows that there are three main characters with different situations..which is true and that really happened in the story and about the concert, thats how the maker of the video introduce the adele without revealing what was in adele..watching the video makes one curious what happen to the three characters..anyway the commentators only focus on the last scene which is the concert..but the content of the video is what really happened in the the novel.. just my opinion though.. but i really think its fair enough..
heiaydeeiy

Post by heiaydeeiy »

:) The video doesn't give enough invitation for readers out there. All it says was that three people from different places is heading to Adele's concert. It's like "so what?" . No content, no invitation, and i don't feel intrigued about what the story is upon watching the video.
*hoping success for the author!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote:I have mixed feelings. I know the premise of the book, so I can see what was happening in the video. But, I think it is unclear, in general, how does going to an Adele concert solve the three people's problems... :eusa-think:

I do plan on reading the book since it will be BOTM for July, but I'm not sure if I would have read the book otherwise. Many OBC members seem to have liked this book, though, so we'll see! :)
Ditto!

It isn't my cup of tea either, but I will give it a chance.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote:
hsimone wrote:I have mixed feelings. I know the premise of the book, so I can see what was happening in the video. But, I think it is unclear, in general, how does going to an Adele concert solve the three people's problems... :eusa-think:

Ditto!

It isn't my cup of tea either, but I will give it a chance.
:handgestures-thumbup:
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Belynda White
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 8">Destiny Revisited</a>
Currently Reading: What Lies Within
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belynda-white.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Belynda White »

Well I haven't read the book and from this view, I couldn't get the picture much. But I already read the review on it so I have an idea what the book is about. 3 people on a quest for happiness and also wanting be at Adele's concert. Well, since it's going to be July's lucky BOTM, I'll definitely add this to my library.
Most times, I fall flat on my face. But never do I remain on the floor; I rise again.
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Hummingbird1947

Post by Hummingbird1947 »

I would like to comment on the positive elements first. I think everyone who strives to publish or submit their work, should be commended. Your use of three distinctive genres was creative. You put forth time and effort to showcase your work; that requires courage and a strong desire to create and connect with an audience.
I think you had difficulty connecting these genres to the book. I did not understand the purpose of this journey or who was making it. I have not read the book, so I did not understand the relationship between your trailer and the book.
May I suggest that next time you write down, exactly what you want to accomplish or convey; the write down the process you will use to succeed. I think maybe you were uncertain yourself, about what you wished to do and precisely how you would proceed. Without your clear vision, your work will lack clarity as well.
I appreciate the opportunity to review your work. I look forward to your future creative works. Please understand this is only my humble opinion. Thank you.
garimamac

Post by garimamac »

The video is a just mirror for this book. All I gathered was that three people were going on a trip to an Adele concert. That in itself didn't grab my attention enough to entice me to read the book, I'd need a little more. I will wait for the synopsis, then decide!
Dragosta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Dragosta »

Unfortunately this trailer / video did not give information about the book what is it going to be like, I have no clue about what it should be but for my own perspective I think it's gonna be a mix novel of which considering (fiction of Real things happens in life) or might be not!. Soon we'll see anyway :)
Gin Duperre
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gin-duperre.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Gin Duperre »

Although the book may be good, the trailer is not and it reflects on the potential for the book to gain readers and sales. I would rework the trailer to make it clearer what the trip is about on a personal level, and a bit more about Adele and how and why she plays a part on their journey.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”