Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Book of the Month » Book of the month » Discuss "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

About God in "Raven's Peak"

Discuss the April 2017 Book of the Month, Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves

Re: About God in "Raven's Peak"

Post Number:#31 by James Craft
» 11 Apr 2017, 07:16

dhomespot wrote:It did not bother me having God as "she". I look at it as a personal preference. God is also known as Alpha and Omega. My opinion is that we will not know until we get to where we are going.

Yeah, it isn't something we can know or necessarily need to know, so it comes back to personal beliefs.
James Craft

Currently Reading: Carnivore
Bookshelf Size: 46 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#32 by reneareviews
» 11 Apr 2017, 08:48

That struck me as odd because I always assumed God to be "gender-less" in a way. This of course is my own personal assumption not backed up by anything. I just always assumed that he is mostly referred to as a "he" the same way people in a whole are referred to as "man" or "mankind". I really wanted an explanation just to have something new to think about.
reneareviews's Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
reneareviews

Currently Reading: mindfulness: a journal
Bookshelf Size: 2 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#33 by kandscreeley
» 11 Apr 2017, 08:59

reneareviews wrote:That struck me as odd because I always assumed God to be "gender-less" in a way. This of course is my own personal assumption not backed up by anything. I just always assumed that he is mostly referred to as a "he" the same way people in a whole are referred to as "man" or "mankind". I really wanted an explanation just to have something new to think about.

It's an interesting thought. If you are coming from the Christian point of view, Jesus Christ is obviously a he as he was a man. God the father, though... Well, I've always thought about him as a he, but... I don't know.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway
kandscreeley's Latest Review: "Golden Legacy" by Robert James Glider
kandscreeley

Currently Reading: Luna
Bookshelf Size: 67 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 51%

Post Number:#34 by LivreAmour217
» 13 Apr 2017, 10:53

Rinsola-Usman wrote:I believe they were referring to Krishna. Because Haatim also mentioned Krishna when banishing the demon with the prayers his father father thought him.

Interesting theory! I think that it's easy to forget that the story incorporates many religions.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
LivreAmour217's Latest Review: "Things You Can Do" by Daniel Burnette
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month

Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 139 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 60 Books
Goal Completion: 55%

Post Number:#35 by Chitopogi
» 14 Apr 2017, 00:26

Aldonza wrote When Arthur and Frieda mentioned God they always said "she". Why "she"? What do you think?
I wonder maybe Council and Hunter's Order believe in the Aramaic Holy Spirit? :eusa-think:

Since God is a spirit there may be no gender attached to God. But since in the bible, God prefers He rather than She. May be some religions would rather refer to God as She?
Chitopogi

Currently Reading: In the Shadow of Angels
Bookshelf Size: 28 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite

Post Number:#36 by Amagine
» 14 Apr 2017, 06:25

Chitopogi wrote:Aldonza wrote When Arthur and Frieda mentioned God they always said "she". Why "she"? What do you think?
I wonder maybe Council and Hunter's Order believe in the Aramaic Holy Spirit? :eusa-think:

Since God is a spirit there may be no gender attached to God. But since in the bible, God prefers He rather than She. May be some religions would rather refer to God as She?

I know there are definitely people who believe God to be female. There are also groups that believe him to be genderless. It's just interesting how everyone has a different belief on what God looks like. Honestly it's kind of pointless to think about. He is beyond human comprehension.
There's no such thing as a kid who hates reading. There are kids who love reading, and kids who are reading the wrong books."-James Patterson
Amagine

Favorite Author: James Patterson
Favorite Book: Writing for Children and Teens
Currently Reading: My Doll & Me: Superheroes Fighting Bullying With Kindness
Bookshelf Size: 617 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Fire HD 7 Tablet
2017 Reading Goal: 400 Books
Goal Completion: 38%

Post Number:#37 by cherryalakei
» 28 Apr 2017, 13:28

I honestly was wondering this too. I was actually kind of hoping they were going to expand on that, but perhaps that will be in the next book. I think it's interesting though, and could add something to the story. I'd definitely be interested in hearing more about that.
cherryalakei's Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
cherryalakei

Currently Reading: Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children
Bookshelf Size: 37 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 30 Books
Goal Completion: 93%

Previous