AMA with the author (Lincoln Cole)

Discuss the April 2017 Book of the Month, Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Re: AMA with the author (Lincoln Cole)

Post by Lincoln »

bookowlie wrote:I have enjoyed reading the previous questions and answers. I don't have anything to new to add since the questions I had wanted to ask have already been asked and answered. :) I am so impressed that you wrote your first novel at age thirteen. I also like that you challenge yourself by trying different genres. Wishing you much success!
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

Mollymae
Currently Reading: Beartown
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollymae.html
Latest Review: "The Intrepid" by Jeff Tellier
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mollymae »

I'm so impressed that you work a full time job and still find the time to write such wonderful books. Do you write daily?
Latest Review: "The Intrepid" by Jeff Tellier
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I noticed your post in the marketing sub-foru, saying that you had particular success with one of your books. Since you mentioned you challenge yourself by writing in different genres, do you think one of your books was much more successful due to the genre, the plot themes, etc. or did you marketing it differently than the others?
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Mollymae wrote:I'm so impressed that you work a full-time job and still find the time to write such wonderful books. Do you write daily?
I try to, but that doesn't always work out for me. I also don't stress out about it, though sometimes it does get frustrating when I'm not making any progress on a new project. The problem is that the full-time job takes priority!
bookowlie wrote:I noticed your post in the marketing sub-foru, saying that you had particular success with one of your books. Since you mentioned you challenge yourself by writing in different genres, do you think one of your books was much more successful due to the genre, the plot themes, etc. or did you marketing it differently than the others?
The literary genre is incredibly hard to break into if you aren't established and don't have a huge marketing company/reputation behind you. I wrote a couple of books like that and had modest success, but as soon as I turned to more fun and easier to write fiction everything became easier. Marketing makes a huge difference, too, and I've learned a lot about how to focus my efforts to have more success.
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

jimthorne2
Favorite Book: Christians in the Age of Outrage
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimthorne2.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by jimthorne2 »

Just started reading. Just have a question that the reading generated. Your prologue is a short story - neat. Are you using your Prologue as an introduction to your series? Will the series continue?
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

jimthorne2 wrote:Just started reading. Just have a question that the reading generated. Your prologue is a short story - neat. Are you using your Prologue as an introduction to your series? Will the series continue?
Yeah, the prologue introduces another character who is important to the world, so it sets up this novel as well as the prequel novels and the books that will come after this series. It's really an introduction to the world, and I wrote it the way I did for the purposes of Kindle Scout to 'hook' people who start reading.

Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Today's book is a future book of yours and I read that you have heard that some readers want more of Arthur's backstory (I'm one of them :) ). I just want to say thank you for listening and creating a what seems like a more detailed backstory to Arthur!! I hope your book wins the publication contest! :D
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

hsimone wrote:Today's book is a future book of yours and I read that you have heard that some readers want more of Arthur's backstory (I'm one of them :) ). I just want to say thank you for listening and creating a what seems like a more detailed backstory to Arthur!! I hope your book wins the publication contest! :D
Thanks so much! I'm hoping that it wins out as well, and I'm working on some more stories now that also fall into this world! I like getting reader feedback because it lets me know what is working and how I can grow to be a better author!

gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I love Arthur's character as well and hope that your book wins out! Good luck! :good-luck-smiley:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Lincoln wrote:
hsimone wrote:Today's book is a future book of yours and I read that you have heard that some readers want more of Arthur's backstory (I'm one of them :) ). I just want to say thank you for listening and creating a what seems like a more detailed backstory to Arthur!! I hope your book wins the publication contest! :D
Thanks so much! I'm hoping that it wins out as well, and I'm working on some more stories now that also fall into this world! I like getting reader feedback because it lets me know what is working and how I can grow to be a better author!
:tiphat:

That's awesome to hear! As a reader, I definitely appreciate the time and effort authors take to try to give their readers what they would like, so thank you! :D

-- 13 Jun 2017, 14:04 --
gali wrote:I love Arthur's character as well and hope that your book wins out! Good luck! :good-luck-smiley:
Agreed - :good-luck-smiley:
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

gali wrote:I love Arthur's character as well and hope that your book wins out! Good luck! :good-luck-smiley:
Thank you! I really appreciate it!

jimthorne2
Favorite Book: Christians in the Age of Outrage
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimthorne2.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by jimthorne2 »

:techie-studyingbrown: Great idea. Unusual and that's a good thing. Keep up the thinking!https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/posti ... 25&t=42453#
Jim Thorne
fayetino
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fayetino.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by fayetino »

While reading Raven's Peak I couldn't understand the religious workings in the book. is it an existing religion or a made up one or is it different religions combined?
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Return to “Discuss "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole”