Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Book of the Month » Book of the month » Discuss "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Do you believe in exorcism or possessed?

Discuss the April 2017 Book of the Month, Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves

Re: Do you believe in exorcism or possessed?

Post Number:#76 by Amagine
» 19 Apr 2017, 07:22

papaya12 wrote:In the Bible it talks about people that were possessed by evil spirits. I am a Christian and so I take everything the Bible says as true. So, to answer your second question I do believe that people can be possessed by evil spirits. I know a person who I completely trust who says that he met a person who was possessed and I take his word for it too. To answer your first question, I do believe that Satan can work through people and if he wanted too, could practice exorcism.

I'm a believer like you. I've never met someone who was possessed but I don't doubt that it happens in our world.
"You have to write the book that wants to be written. If the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children." -Madeleine L'Engle
Amagine's Latest Review: "Night Noises" by Lisa Beere
Amagine

Favorite Author: James Patterson
Favorite Book: Writing for Children and Teens
Currently Reading: The Hayloft Girls
Bookshelf Size: 581 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Fire HD 7 Tablet
2017 Reading Goal: 400 Books
Goal Completion: 35%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#77 by Sarah G
» 19 Apr 2017, 12:57

I'm one of those that would have to see it to believe it. I would say it could be that many years ago mental illness was often mistaken for this, but with diagnosis improving this might not be the case now. I'm still yet to see anything to convince me as of yet.
The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon
Sarah G

Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 2%

Post Number:#78 by Kdonegan91
» 19 Apr 2017, 13:41

I most definitely believe in evil spirits aka demons. Also, I believe they can possess a person. Being a Christian, I also believe God can prevail against these spirits and cast them out of a person. Evil spirits possessing someone absolutely terrifies me because it really does happen. I refuse to watch movies or tv shows related to this.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Kdonegan91's Latest Review: "UBER Taxi Cab Confessions" by Joe Mahedy
Kdonegan91

Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: Never Cry Again
Currently Reading: Fused
Bookshelf Size: 68 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Nook HD+ 9
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#79 by Lolly_Reader
» 19 Apr 2017, 15:17

To believe in external demons would require a simplicity I neither envy nor possess. People are more than capable of acts of evil without internal hitchhikers to blame it on.
Lolly_Reader

Bookshelf Size: 0 books

Post Number:#80 by Bookworm39
» 19 Apr 2017, 22:20

I don't believe in exorcism or people being possessed by spirits. But I still like to read books about it.
Bookworm39

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 18%

Post Number:#81 by rssllue
» 19 Apr 2017, 23:15

Kdonegan91 wrote:I most definitely believe in evil spirits aka demons. Also, I believe they can possess a person. Being a Christian, I also believe God can prevail against these spirits and cast them out of a person. Evil spirits possessing someone absolutely terrifies me because it really does happen. I refuse to watch movies or tv shows related to this.

As was testified to in the gospels.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
rssllue's Latest Review: "Lost Bastards" by L. Todd Wood
rssllue
Beardmaster of Bookshelves

Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 333 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 190 Books
Goal Completion: 21%

Post Number:#82 by godreaujea
» 20 Apr 2017, 06:22

I do believe in ghosts and evil spirits! My boyfriend thinks I'm really gullible but my mom always says I had a sixth sense with this type of stuff when I was younger based on a couple of experiences. I don't know how realistic possessions are, but maybe minor ones are possible, like if an evil spirit influences someone to act violently in some way. Creepy stuff!
godreaujea's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
godreaujea

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 332 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#83 by bookowlie
» 20 Apr 2017, 08:27

I am on the fence about this. There were a few times I've met someone and had a distinct feeling there was complete evil inside of them. I got the chills and felt like I was in the presence of an evil spirit. As for exorcisms, I would have to see it to believe it.
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction. - Irish blessing
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader

Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 225 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 52 Books
Goal Completion: 36%

Post Number:#84 by Amagine
» 20 Apr 2017, 09:44

I wonder if there are still people in the world who perform exorcisms. That's something I would be interested in finding out.
"You have to write the book that wants to be written. If the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children." -Madeleine L'Engle
Amagine

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#85 by Aldonsa
» 20 Apr 2017, 12:13

Amagine wrote:I wonder if there are still people in the world who perform exorcisms. That's something I would be interested in finding out.

Yes, there are such people. I saw a documental film about exorcism and evil banishment. Of course this film can be fabricated. :?
Aldonsa's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Aldonsa

Currently Reading: Heaven and Earth
Bookshelf Size: 15 books

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 12%

Post Number:#86 by Christine Penny
» 21 Apr 2017, 14:52

I know that believer's cannot be possessed, because anywhere that God is (and God indwells believers) Satan and his demons cannot enter. But believers can be demon influenced when resting outside the filling of the spirit. The only true exorcisms were done by the Lord Jesus Christ, and the apostles when they were alive. Believers are supposed to be on the DEFENSIVE against satan and his demons because they are far stronger and more intelligent than we are. They are GOD's business to deal with not ours. Even the angel, Micheal, as he was fighting over Mose's body with Satan in front of Christ said "The Lord, rebuke thee"... if an angel himself needs the Lord to do his work, humanity has no chance to do a true exorcism.
Christine Penny's Latest Review: "Something" by Shelby Lamb
Christine Penny

Currently Reading: Bad Games
Bookshelf Size: 19 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 125 Books
Goal Completion: 8%

Post Number:#87 by Mannie913
» 21 Apr 2017, 23:12

Honestly, it terrifies me to think about it but I think it's possible. I believe in God and angels. With every good, there is usually bad so I think the demons and evil spirits are just the other side of the coin. Possession and exorcisms are horrific possibilities but I think possibility none the less. A missionary that I worked with in Belize always had issues when they gave sermons on demons. They wouldn't spend long working on the sermon. Usually only 3-4 days and that includes giving the sermon because things would be thrown around their house and disappear during those days. He only gives that sermon once a year and he knows it's because it has to be covered.
Mannie913

Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 80 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Voyage
Goal Completion: 54%

Post Number:#88 by ktrae910
» 22 Apr 2017, 13:36

I absolutely believe that people can become possessed and that exorcism works for the faithful. I believe that we need to guard our hearts and minds from evil at every turn and focus on Christ. If our life somehow puts us in the path of evil, we must fight it where we find it and call on and believe that God can keep our hearts and minds free of it's influence.
ktrae910

Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 8260 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 250 Books
Goal Completion: 8%

Post Number:#89 by Tsheola Asavela
» 22 Apr 2017, 15:27

Yes, of course... and it usually the powerful, sneaky and/or malevolent jinn (spirit entities) that are prone to possess the unsuspecting and the who dabble in the dark arts, via the body's chakra (energy) points especially, the navel chakra. 'Raven's Peak' nicely portrays how and what a jinn can do with, and inside the human body.
Tsheola Asavela

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#90 by Amagine
» 22 Apr 2017, 15:51

Aldonsa wrote:
Amagine wrote:I wonder if there are still people in the world who perform exorcisms. That's something I would be interested in finding out.

Yes, there are such people. I saw a documental film about exorcism and evil banishment. Of course this film can be fabricated. :?

How was the exorcism performed? I'm intrigued.
Amagine

View Reviewer Page

PreviousNext