All time favorite supernatural book/series/movie?

Discuss the April 2017 Book of the Month, Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
NerdGirl91
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerdgirl91.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Re: All time favorite supernatural book/series/movie?

Post by NerdGirl91 »

The immortal instruments by Cassandra Clare! Anything by Sherrilyn Kenyon! She tends to focus on Greek mythology and it is facinating! She's my favorite!
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live.
-Annie Dillard
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

NerdGirl91 wrote:The immortal instruments by Cassandra Clare! Anything by Sherrilyn Kenyon! She tends to focus on Greek mythology and it is facinating! She's my favorite!
Sherrilyn Kenyon? I've never heard of her. I have a slight interest in Greek mythology. I might have to go and check it out.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
cherryalakei
Currently Reading: anita blake burnt offerings
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherryalakei.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by cherryalakei »

I used to watch the X-Files, but more recently I am a HUGE fan of the tv show Supernatural, and have been since it premiered. At times, I felt this book kind of reminded me of an episode of the show.
Chandre
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandre.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Chandre »

Wow I have alot. Teen Wolf would be my top one. Obviously the Twilight Saga. Grimm looked interisting from what I've watched. Beauty and the beast is just as good.
cherryalakei
Currently Reading: anita blake burnt offerings
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherryalakei.html

Post by cherryalakei »

Chandre wrote:Wow I have alot. Teen Wolf would be my top one. Obviously the Twilight Saga. Grimm looked interisting from what I've watched. Beauty and the beast is just as good.
I too am a Twihard. I typically like vampire stuff as a whole, from Buffy to Twilight. I have never seen Grimm though, but I borrowed the first season from my bff so I'll be seeing it soon. :D
Chitopogi
Currently Reading: the marvelous adventures of gwendolyn gray
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitopogi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chitopogi »

Amagine replied - My favorite supernatural series is The Magicians (if that counts).
Me too! I just watched the whole two series and I was captivated! I just had to watch all the episodes on a straight basis from 4:00Pm until 3:00Am for 3 days!! I am now eagerly awaiting The Magicians Part 3 which is coming soon.
The Grimm TV series is also my favorite. :tiphat:
Laceyforman22
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Laceyforman22 »

this book is amazing just the right amount of turns and twists that make you wander where you are when your finished :P
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

cherryalakei wrote:
Chandre wrote:Wow I have alot. Teen Wolf would be my top one. Obviously the Twilight Saga. Grimm looked interisting from what I've watched. Beauty and the beast is just as good.
I too am a Twihard. I typically like vampire stuff as a whole, from Buffy to Twilight. I have never seen Grimm though, but I borrowed the first season from my bff so I'll be seeing it soon. :D
You would like the Vampire Diaries too, but it's spin off: The Originals is very good!
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
bhanbe

Post by bhanbe »

"one year gone" by Rebecca Dessertine was one of the supernatural book i have read last year and the writer seems to have catch the attention of the readers by his imaginative write-ups.
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Celticlady »

I love the X Files for my favorite tv show and I love anything by Barbara Erskine for my favorite author/book.
Cstanfld

Post by Cstanfld »

Can't help but say that as far as TV, my favorite current show is Supernatural. I began watching it with my daughter years ago and it has stuck with me all these seasons.
3c_robles

Post by 3c_robles »

Book is Wildseed by Octavia Butler, about secret superpowered beings in Africa and colonial America, with the antagonist being an ancient consciousness that eats souls.

Series is the first season of the British Being Human. They really got the mundane supernatural vibe down.
Gmarie
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gmarie.html

Post by Gmarie »

I was absolutely obsessed with the sookie stackhouse (true blood) books by Charlaine Harris. I'm a big fan of her Midnight Crossings books now as well. As far as TV, I have a hard time getting into longer series, but the BBC Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell mini-series, which is based on a book, was actually really fantastic. I don't know if it'd necessarily be classified as supernatural, but it is all about magic!
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

I am a huge fan of the supernatural thriller genre. There are so many shows and movies that belong to this category that I love. I'm a big fan of the show Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, and even though it got cancelled, I really liked the show Witches of East End. I even grew up with the X-Files so that will forever be a favorite of mine :)
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Rhylee

Post by Rhylee »

My favorite Paranormal books are House of Night Series by PC Cast, I also love her goddess series and her latests works. I'm also a fan of The Dark Ink Chronicles by Elle Jasper. I also love everything Jana Oliver writes (demon trappers), Christina Dodd's paranormal series & Melissa Mar's Ink Exchange. Okay so I read a lot. I also write. :D

Return to “Discuss "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole”