Opinion and Rating of Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Discuss the April 2017 Book of the Month, Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
mariakavo88
Currently Reading: Raven's Fall
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariakavo88.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Opinion and Rating of Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by mariakavo88 »

I gave the book a 4 out of 4 stars. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have a review on the volunteered reviews for this book. The only thing was how the ending left off, but in a sense that gave me all the more reason to download the other two books in the series. I am currently reading the second book right now.
Grace Naval
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-naval.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Grace Naval »

I enjoyed the story overall especially since I'm a fan of supernatural thrillers. The introduction of Arthur, in the beginning, made me wade around chapters looking for clues whether he'll be back (I didn't realize when I downloaded the book that it was a series). It took longer for me to finish though compared to other thrillers I've read maybe because of the author's writing style switching from character to character perspective and going into detail and sometimes missing some. But after reading the whole thing, I actually liked it.

Gives meaning to the saying "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts". If you just read a chapter stopped there (not giving the whole book a chance), you would be missing out. The cliffhanger at the end actually made me searched through amazon looking for the second installment in the series.

There are a few kinks that would've made the book a little better like it's lack of editing and the e-book lay-out design is a little bit distracting. It's all tolerable though.

Looking forward to reading more books from this author and I expect him to become great at it the more he writes. :-)
Bookworm39
Favorite Book: To Tempt a Knight
Currently Reading: to seduce a knight
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm39.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Bookworm39 »

I give it 4 out of 4. For me, I loved that it was action packed from the beginning to the end. I did enjoy the beginning with Arthur and why he did what he did. I think it was perfect the way it ended since the reader will know that there is another book.
CZCampbell
Currently Reading: Nighthawk: Sons of de Wolfe
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-czcampbell.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CZCampbell »

[quote="MarisaRose"]After finishing Raven's Peak, what is your overall opinion and star rating?
...I had a hard time connecting with/liking some of the main character.

I also had a difficult time connecting with/liking some of the main characters. I think it was because their emotions were not fully explored so I had a difficult time connecting with them. In books/stories/movies where I cannot connect with them on different levels - i.e. career, life occurrences, etc. (obviously I am not in this line of work), then I need some form of emotional connection - i.e. I can totally see why he/she reacted that way because I would have felt the same way. This was a well written book, the story line was very interesting, I just could not fully give myself over to it.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
normindrasarawi
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-normindrasarawi.html
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner

Post by normindrasarawi »

Raven’s Peak is scary, but I think it’s more disgusting due to memorable gory scenes, so, I only rate it 3 out of 4 stars. I agree the ending is a little unsatisfying, but I think there’s something to wait for the next book and I’m looking forward for it. However, this novel is still interesting and worth reading.
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner
va2016
Favorite Book: The Vatican Protocol
Currently Reading: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance
Bookshelf Size: 716
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-va2016.html
Latest Review: The Mystery of the Hidden Cabin by M.E. Hembroff

Post by va2016 »

MarisaRose wrote:After finishing Raven's Peak, what is your overall opinion and star rating?

I enjoyed the story, I thought it started out strong and the pacing kept me going, but I had a hard time connecting with/liking some of the main character. I also wish the ending had been a little more satisfying! (Even though I understand it is the first in the series.)

Overall, I rate Raven's Peak 3 out of 4 stars and look forward to the next installment.
Ditto! I would also like to know the characters better, and look forward for the
next books.
cstegmil
Currently Reading: Raven's Fall
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cstegmil.html
Latest Review: "Of Elven Blood" by Leslie Fish

Post by cstegmil »

I gave it 4 out of 4 stars. I loved the opening, as others stated. I generally like longer books, but for 219 pages, was surprised how much quality content the author provided. I had a bit of an issue believing now naïve Haatim was, but overall connected with the characters, the plot is one I enjoy, and started reading book 2 after I was done with this one.
Latest Review: "Of Elven Blood" by Leslie Fish
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Post by Momlovesbooks »

I agree with many of the comments. I enjoyed the plot and the fast-paced action. However, I wanted more from the ending.
AYISHA_ASH
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayisha-ash.html
Latest Review: "My Mother Called Me UNNI" by Dr. Venugopal K. Menon

Post by AYISHA_ASH »

I rated it 4 out of 4 stars. I think it makes for an exciting paranormal thriller. And it has no cliff-hanger which is a definite plus for me.
Latest Review: "My Mother Called Me UNNI" by Dr. Venugopal K. Menon
Julez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julez.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Julez »

4 out of 4 stars. It was action packed and I liked the platonic relationship between Abigail and Haatim. We are so used to the stirring up of romance between protagonists that it was nice to see a refreshing change.
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

I rated the book 3 out of 4 stars. I did find the book very interesting, especially since the book had non-stop action and did not waste time on a romantic story between Haatim and Abigail. But the ending was quite unsatisfying and completely ruined the whole experience.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
jimthorne2
Favorite Book: Christians in the Age of Outrage
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimthorne2.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by jimthorne2 »

Good read but waiting for the sequel. Any idea when it will become available?
Jim Thorne
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

I rated Raven's Peak 4 out of 4 stars because its fast-paced action and suspense kept my adrenaline pumping. I liked that the characters were different from the norm. The theme of good versus evil was interesting. Finally, I enjoyed the ending and its final bombshell because it felt like an introduction to the next book.
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

I enjoyed the story very much. The thing that I didn't like about the book was the lack of background of the characters and other elements of the story. I realize this is the first book in a series, so maybe some of the questions will be answered in future books.

I gave the book a 3-star rating only because of this reason. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron

Post by Izesicle »

I rated Raven's Peak 4 of 4 stars but I do agree with the other reviewers that the backstory of some characters could have been more fleshed-out.

Return to “Discuss "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole”