Overall Rating of "Station Eleven"

Discuss the March 2017 Book of the Month, Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.
Azrevread
Currently Reading: Orcas Forever
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azrevread.html
Latest Review: Ten Directions by Samuel Winburn

Re: Overall Rating of "Station Eleven"

Post by Azrevread »

Azrevread wrote:There were lots of unexpected plot twists in the novel.. The novel was compelling because the stories relating to the different characters happened before and after the devastating event. I rate the story at 3 out of 4 stars, and plan to read it again when I have more time. I would recommend Station Eleven to readers who like reading science fiction short stories or dystopian novels.
smart24
Currently Reading: ROXY
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by smart24 »

3 out of 4 is my rating of the book.
NhkeiraT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nhkeirat.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by NhkeiraT »

I have not read the book and after a long thought I will not be reading it. It seems like your typical.
a_r_egerton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-r-egerton.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by a_r_egerton »

I've read Station Eleven, and I enjoyed it. I appreciated the emphasis on characters' emotions rather than the usual action or horror. I did think there were a few too many flashbacks; I wanted to read more about the characters' post-plague lives.

Of course, living through a real pandemic does beg the question of how plausible the Goergia Flu is. Even the Black Death wiped out "only" about a third of Europe's population, as opposed to over 90 percent. It also took a lot longer than just a few weeks, too.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

I've read this a while ago, but I know I did enjoy it. A friend of mine recommended it to me and I read it in one sitting.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Maris Charles M »

I really love this book. The plot is so engaging and fascinating. I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. I think this book can bulid ones imaginative mind. This was a great read.
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

I enjoyed the book a great deal...it was like an action movie.i rate it 4 out of 4 stars, and I recommend it to everyone.

Return to “Discuss "Station Eleven" by Emily St. John Mandel”