Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Book of the Month » Book of the month » Discuss "The Diary of an Immortal (1945-1959)" by David J Castello

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

If you were immortal, how would you change the world?

Discuss the February 2017 Book of the Month, The Diary of an Immortal by David J Castello.

Re: If you were immortal, how would you change the world?

Post Number:#31 by Peta2017
» 11 Apr 2017, 12:18

I would want to work in one of those war-ravaged countries providing humanitarian aid
Peta2017's Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch
Peta2017

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 20 Books
Goal Completion: 45%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#32 by csimmons032
» 28 Apr 2017, 14:46

I don't know that I could change the world, but I would do my best to help people in need. Maybe volunteer at hospitals or homeless shelters. I would probably still continue to do the things that I enjoy like art, reading, and maybe even write some books. I would do everything I could to encourage people to live their lives to the fullest.
csimmons032's Latest Review: "Transforming Faith" by Fred Howard
csimmons032

Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: The Cowboy Comes Home
Bookshelf Size: 707 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#33 by ChillAndRead
» 03 May 2017, 02:11

Most serious people don't believe there is immortality out there in the world, as they didn't believe in the prophets in the past. If a person got to be immortal, they should also had to be extremely wealthy. These days, money is the only way to influence powerful people for the greater good...
ChillAndRead's Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
ChillAndRead

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 343 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 40 Books
Goal Completion: 97%

Post Number:#34 by Lovely Eimeren
» 04 May 2017, 22:17

I would change the world through education. I believe the world is so messed up because we are just blind followers as to how the society wants as to act. We always follow what's trending. But only if we know who we are and what we are supposed to do, we can change the world for the better. I believe that would be achieve through quality education.
Lovely Eimeren's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Lovely Eimeren

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#35 by EMoffat
» 16 May 2017, 15:51

It would be hard to change the world just by being immortal. You still, like today, would not be able to get people to listen to you. Humans are doomed to repeat the mistakes of their past.
EMoffat

Currently Reading: Black mirror of the soul
Bookshelf Size: 130 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 40 Books
Goal Completion: 207%

Post Number:#36 by Ssinghal
» 07 Jul 2017, 06:48

If I was immortal, that would mean I have unlimited time and so I can earn unlimited wealth. Once I have a lot of money, I would sponsor a lot of charities and open a lot of orphanages all over the world. I would also distribute free food and clothes in poverty-stricken areas.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Ssinghal's Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
Ssinghal

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1104 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 72%

Post Number:#37 by Kinnera
» 05 Aug 2017, 21:03

David Nash wrote:I'm not sure you could change the world as an immortal. To effect major change you usually need wealth and power. However if you acquire too much of it, you would immediately be revealed and probably hunted. If you stay quiet in the background you stand a much better chance of not spending eternity as a lab test. I might try becoming some sort of conservationist setting aside land and preserving rare and endangered species.

This does sound like a great idea, and you're absolutely right. Power is a frightening thing, and combined with immortality, I'm not sure it wouldn't got to my head, especially with no one to stop me. So, I wouldn't even try to affect big change, but small things for sure.
Kinnera

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#38 by LadyClaire
» 11 Aug 2017, 00:42

That's an intriguing prospect. If I were immortal, I'll simply go on acquiring all the knowledge I've always wanted to.
To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
-Bertrand Russel
LadyClaire

Currently Reading: Keys to Tetouan
Bookshelf Size: 77 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 4%

Previous