What do you think,your'e life will be as an immortal?

Discuss the February 2017 Book of the Month, The Diary of an Immortal by David J Castello.
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Re: What do you think,your'e life will be as an immortal?

Post by lolashoes »

If i'm immortal, the earlier part of my immortality would probably me being so hyped about my immortality and just being reckless and doing whatever. Then as the excitement dies down, I'd probably be wishing I can share my immortality with someone else or that death is an option.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
dosenron877
Currently Reading: Route 66
Bookshelf Size: 439
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dosenron877.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dosenron877 »

Immortality would be boring. For history buffs, look at the anecdotal evidence of Winston Churchill's last comments before shuffling off. His final observations have been widely disseminated but I haven't found credible evidence for their accuracy. So I won't repeat them, just want to direct attention that way for those interested.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
bluegreenmarina
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Currently Reading: Drive Your Plow Over The Bones Of The Dead
Bookshelf Size: 1230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluegreenmarina.html
Latest Review: Spontaneous Addiction Recovery by Dr. James Slobodzien

Post by bluegreenmarina »

I would hope my immortal life would involve constant learning, and hopefully travel to places I'm not able to travel to as a mortal human. Who knows what the future holds in space exploration!
Gajendra Nath Sinha
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gajendra-nath-sinha.html

Post by Gajendra Nath Sinha »

uncertain .it is not clear whether this immortality will keep me as a child or youth or old.if immortality keeps me ever youth then it will be a wonder.if immortality occurs at child hood or old age state then it will be a big hell.
Aimy
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aimy.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Aimy »

samebcay18 wrote:In our present life we encountered a lot of obtacles.I think life would be easy if we are an immortal.
I think my life will become an emotional wreck. Besides, immortality cannot give eternal happiness.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Owonikoko Olushola
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owonikoko-olushola.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Owonikoko Olushola »

Bored and lonely. Immortality add more to life challenges.
jazzy27
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jazzy27.html

Post by jazzy27 »

immortality would only increase the years or even means you can live forever but this doesn't mean that it would also increase your chance at happiness. so for me, life as an immortal could be a blessing or a curse... blessing if you really desire to live forever( which i don't want). a curse especially when your watching all the people you love and know die and you're left behind. for me immortality could be terrifying. death is part of life and we should all learn to accept it.
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Post by Jeyran Main »

Having a longer life does not necessarily mean that you have a better one. So if you were immortal then I think the best way would be to sit and plan a longer term of life. The worst part of never having to die is that you will have to watch others pass away. You can never belong to anything as it will finish. Such life then becomes meaningless.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
michelonline29
Favorite Book: The Eurasians
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelonline29.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by michelonline29 »

I think if I'm immortal, my life would be more on adventures since I live for eternity. I will encounter many people along the way. I will also witnessed the past up to the present times.

-- 23 Mar 2017, 21:29 --

I think my life as immortal will face so many challenges. Encounter people in different generations that would make me adjust for changed. So being immortal is difficult since I am the one to adjust to the changing environment.
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I think at first my life as an immortal would be exciting. It would be fun to do absolutely anything and never have to worry about getting old or sick and dying. After a while, immortaility would be dreary and boring. I would be tired of living and ready to die.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
ifeoma obike
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifeoma-obike.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by ifeoma obike »

As long it is in this world, life will even be more difficult. Just the thought of everyone one you know leaving you and also knowing that after meeting new people and forming new relationships they'll still leave you someday can be mentally disturbing. At least mortals hope to meet again in paradise which is very comforting and eases the pain of loss but an immortal will have to go through endless pain, sorrow and agony accompanied with other challenges and all the evil in the world which you'll be stuck in with no hope of getting out of it because you can't change the world. Life without hope is meaningless.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
AlwaysWorthIt
Currently Reading: The Serial Killer Files
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysworthit.html
Latest Review: "Gilligan's Toy" by Janice Smith

Post by AlwaysWorthIt »

In reality, it would be harder to get away with something like that; given all the technology that we have. Cameras, fingerprints, facial recognition, etc.

I think that it depends on how you live your life.

If you live your life looking at each day as a new, then your life will be easier. Celebrating the life lost, instead of the sadness of their death.
If you live life in the past, then you would have a hard time. Always full of sadness, regret, anger.

Thinking positively, living life as an adventure would take a long time and by the time you have done it all, you can start from the beginning many many years later and it would be like new. Money? That would depend on how you live the beginning years. With one life to live, you use money to do and buy things even if you don't really have it, because there is an end and you want to be able to enjoy the fruits of life while you have it. Now, immortals, they can live a normal life in poverty, saving that money to live a life of ease in the future.
You can also live the life of someone who gives. Helping others, giving them the best one life to live.
It all depends on how you look at your immoral life.
It's Always Worth the Read.
Latest Review: "Gilligan's Toy" by Janice Smith
Jax14
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Thursday Murder Club
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jax14.html
Latest Review: Lost on the Edge of Eternity by Jonathan Floyd
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 2
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Jax14 »

I think after watching Highlander and seeing Connor's wife die in his arms put me off being an immortal! A never ending lifetime alone once you have done everything you want to do and go everywhere you want to go would become Groundhog Day...
olaiya oluwafemi
Currently Reading: In the shadow of Angels
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olaiya-oluwafemi.html

Post by olaiya oluwafemi »

If I will not die I will be glad because some mistakes should be corrected. But immortality with the kind of world we know will not solve the problems of mankind.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I don't think that immortality would solve all of our problems. If anything, we would have to deal with a lot more problems with immortality.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Return to “Discuss "The Diary of an Immortal (1945-1959)" by David J Castello”