You have been given a choice to become immortal. Would you?

Discuss the February 2017 Book of the Month, The Diary of an Immortal by David J Castello.
alwaysdaddygirl
Currently Reading: The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysdaddygirl.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01DAJTINW

Re: You have been given a choice to become immortal. Would y

Post by alwaysdaddygirl »

Wasif Ahmed wrote:
alwaysdaddygirl wrote:I am weird. It depends on what type of immoral. Are these immorals with no superpowers? Are these immortals that can have different range of superpowers?

The other questions are these human immortals that went through a strange science experiment? Is this immortal a vampire? If a vampire, the good or bad ones?

Not trying be rude. Again, I am weird. That is me. ? I have countless ideas about immortals.

As long as it not for evil puropes and did not have to give away my soul, then yes. Some wonder if immortals have souls? There are certain vampires that have a kind soul despite being undead.

I would try to become a librarian. I would also try be a teacher. I would also try to preserve books. I also want to teach folks about books, so classics do not become vanished. With this world of technology today, who knows what it be like in 50 years? Will humans still be here in fifty years if the predictions about the natural resources are true? If human race is gone, with there be a secret society of immortals to preserve books? ?
Nice imagination.??. Thanks for sharing your views with us. ?

Mahalo for your kind words! ?

-- 03 Feb 2017, 16:38 --
greenstripedgiraffe wrote:Be nice to not age... but not nice to outlive everyone, so - no. Death is a natural part of life, and not necessarily something to be feared.

I am a lasping Catholic. That is one who does not go to mass often. I went to Catholic schools for twelve years. I then converted to Catholic. It took me time to be at peace with this but with Catholic's beliefs I am going to hell.

I am a strong introvert. Never married. Unable to have kids but many have it worst. God forbids when my dad goes, I have no other family. I am the black sheep in my family. I have few friends. That why immortal life could be opition. Life can always be worst.
"Death ends a life, not a relationship."
Mitch Albom
🦋
Jrcole8787
Currently Reading: In the Shadow of Angels
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Jrcole8787 »

Yes... I believe I would. The older one gets the wiser (usually) and maybe with age and wisdom you could help the world...
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

alwaysdaddygirl wrote:
Wasif Ahmed wrote:
alwaysdaddygirl wrote:I am weird. It depends on what type of immoral. Are these immorals with no superpowers? Are these immortals that can have different range of superpowers?

The other questions are these human immortals that went through a strange science experiment? Is this immortal a vampire? If a vampire, the good or bad ones?

Not trying be rude. Again, I am weird. That is me. ? I have countless ideas about immortals.

As long as it not for evil puropes and did not have to give away my soul, then yes. Some wonder if immortals have souls? There are certain vampires that have a kind soul despite being undead.

I would try to become a librarian. I would also try be a teacher. I would also try to preserve books. I also want to teach folks about books, so classics do not become vanished. With this world of technology today, who knows what it be like in 50 years? Will humans still be here in fifty years if the predictions about the natural resources are true? If human race is gone, with there be a secret society of immortals to preserve books? ?
Nice imagination.??. Thanks for sharing your views with us. ?

Mahalo for your kind words! ?

-- 03 Feb 2017, 16:38 --
greenstripedgiraffe wrote:Be nice to not age... but not nice to outlive everyone, so - no. Death is a natural part of life, and not necessarily something to be feared.

I am a lasping Catholic. That is one who does not go to mass often. I went to Catholic schools for twelve years. I then converted to Catholic. It took me time to be at peace with this but with Catholic's beliefs I am going to hell.

I am a strong introvert. Never married. Unable to have kids but many have it worst. God forbids when my dad goes, I have no other family. I am the black sheep in my family. I have few friends. That why immortal life could be opition. Life can always be worst.
Thanks!
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Book_Wyrm
Currently Reading: The Brendan Voyage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-wyrm.html

Post by Book_Wyrm »

DATo wrote:No. Eventually the sun will supernova and earth will become a cinder. You will find yourself drifting alone in space forever. Hopefully you will have remembered to bring a book with you ... or two.
Great response! :lol:
Wasif Ahmed

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

Book_Wyrm wrote:
DATo wrote:No. Eventually the sun will supernova and earth will become a cinder. You will find yourself drifting alone in space forever. Hopefully you will have remembered to bring a book with you ... or two.
Great response! :lol:
Yep! ???
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
nightnurse
Currently Reading: The Last Humans: Oasis
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nightnurse.html
Latest Review: "Roan" by E. R. Barr
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by nightnurse »

When I was young and not to smart I thought I was immortal and nothing would happen to me if I did something dumb. Now at my advanced age I am just happy to wake up next to the one I love and know my family is well and healthy. Wouldn't want to continue if all my loves have passed on.
Latest Review: "Roan" by E. R. Barr
Julie Ditton
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 031">Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2</a>
Currently Reading: The Bone Collection
Bookshelf Size: 792
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-ditton.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Julie Ditton »

LinaVidal wrote:I like the idea of immortality but only in a few different circumstances:........

3) Have my sentience uploaded onto the internet and have it somehow stay in tact. Maybe other people would follow and I'd have company. Ideally I wouldn't be affected my viruses/malware/etc. This also appeals to the sci-fi addict in me.

This reminds me of a recent Dr Who episode!
"Oh honestly, don't you two read?"

-Hermione Granger in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer 's Stone
by J.K. Rowling
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Wasif Ahmed

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

nightnurse wrote:When I was young and not to smart I thought I was immortal and nothing would happen to me if I did something dumb. Now at my advanced age I am just happy to wake up next to the one I love and know my family is well and healthy. Wouldn't want to continue if all my loves have passed on.
Everyone is like that during their childhood. ?
Nyyankeegirl58
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyyankeegirl58.html

Post by Nyyankeegirl58 »

It sounds great in a lot of ways, but you would have to take somebody's life every night. If I had a choice I would stay as I am. But it does sound inticing.
mratdegraff91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mratdegraff91.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Post by mratdegraff91 »

This is a great question. Although the thought of becoming Immortal has its perks, I would rather not have to go through all the pain that comes with it in watching all my loved ones pass. There are many things you could do and learn being immortal, but I think I would choose to continue life as is.
Madison Degraffenreid
psychopathycathy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-psychopathycathy.html
Latest Review: Notes of Sorrow Songs Of Joy by Robert Lauri

Post by psychopathycathy »

Honestly no. I don't think I could handle watching everyone around me die, and I do feel like I would become really unhappy and lonely over time.
Wasif Ahmed

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

mratdegraff91 wrote:This is a great question. Although the thought of becoming Immortal has its perks, I would rather not have to go through all the pain that comes with it in watching all my loved ones pass. There are many things you could do and learn being immortal, but I think I would choose to continue life as is.
Thanks! ?
Womanoutloud
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Womanoutloud »

Wasif Ahmed wrote:If you were given the choice of not aging beyond a certain point, would you do it?
I am not sure. The idea of becoming immortal does sound interesting but.....

Please share your thoughts on this topic. ?
If I will also be given a chance to make others immortal, why not? ?
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

I don't think I would like to be immortal if I'm the only one out of my friends and family to become immortal. I feel like living forever but having close ones die is sort of a bad thing to go through. But then again having forever to explore the world and meet new people seems very enticing.
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
Booky_BettyC
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55482">Hex Hall</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booky-bettyc.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Post by Booky_BettyC »

Deffinitely not! I couldn't imagine living on this planet forever. Give me till at least age sixty seven and I'll be good to go whenever lol.
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Return to “Discuss "The Diary of an Immortal (1945-1959)" by David J Castello”