You have been given a choice to become immortal. Would you?

Discuss the February 2017 Book of the Month, The Diary of an Immortal by David J Castello.
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: You have been given a choice to become immortal. Would you?

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

I think I would so that I can experiance everything, travel, and read every book there is. :)
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Shen9
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shen9 »

I would 1000% turn down that chance to be immortal. Just imagine if you couldn't grow old with the love of your life how sad and distasteful that would be. So one more reason for me to decline on that immortal thing.
Rachad42
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 710">Pride and Prejudice</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Rachad42 »

If I was given the chance to become an immortal, it would be yes and no. If I was an immortal, I would get to see what become of my future generations and hope that make continuous contributions to the betterment of this world. I would get to enjoy the books of the future authors, while continuing to enjoy the classics.

No, I would not want to be an immortal because the family that I have now will be gone and I maybe left alone, waiting for family to visit. I couldn't tell who I am and why I'm still here and the others are gone
Demann
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Demann »

Hell yes I would take the chance of been an immortal.
Endless time to explore the world
Makaylah+1
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Makaylah+1 »

If I Was Given The Choice To Be Immortal, I Would. I Have This Weird Fantasy Of Becoming A Vampire , Their Sexy, Fierce, And If You Love The Rough :tiphat: , Then You Can Imagine The Long Lasting Stamina,. Vampires & Creatures Have Always Been A Big Deal Of Mines,
I Want To Live Forever But As An Immortal, But I'm Mortal .. Lol Does My Option Makes Me Weird ?
mathewjackson
Currently Reading:

Post by mathewjackson »

yes,because i would be a story not forgotten
atonykamau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atonykamau.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by atonykamau »

No, because i wouldn't like a life where i would have to watch all my loved ones grow old and die while i am still alive. It would really be lonely
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

That's a hard decision. I don't think that I would be able to take losing everyone I every knew and loved. But the time you have you could go everywhere, learn everything, read every book. I don't know if that would stay fulfilling for very long though.
Theo94
Currently Reading: Trust Me, I&rsquo;m a Careworker

Post by Theo94 »

hsimone wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 14:56
gali wrote:
Wasif Ahmed wrote:If you were given the choice of not aging beyond a certain point, would you do it?
I am not sure. The idea of becoming immortal does sound interesting but.....

Please share your thoughts on this topic. ?
I will want to become immortal. There are endless possibilities in an immortal life, not to mention the endless time to read. 8)
Endless time time to read sounds pretty tempting... :) I would want to become immortal if my husband can too (and if my dog can too, that would be great!), so I would always have someone I love by my side.
I think immortality will be boring bcos lyf bcomes unending nd over fulfilled
Taurus_27496
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taurus-27496.html
Latest Review: The Bronze Bear by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Taurus_27496 »

Never. It's like being frozen. Outliving the people you love is one of the worst things that can happen to someone. At some point you'll get tired of immortality and want to stop living. It's a curse and not a blessing.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

I don't think I would. We only get one life to live and its this knowledge which makes life all the more precious. Living too long might lose its appeal once everyone you know has passed on and you become the only one left. So I say no to immortality.
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

I'd rather not take the chance. Immortality make look promising at first, but I'm not quite sure in the long run. Besides even if we live forever, we do not have control over the world. What if a war suddenly breaks out, it's not like my immortality can stop that. Instead, I'll just be left witnessing everything from the start of the first fire to the devastation that will follow after all fires are distinguished.
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

An interesting decision - and so enormous with such irreversible impact. I think I might say yes to immortality but, whatever I chose, I suspect I would end up regretting my decision...
Babarino
Currently Reading: Factory Man
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-babarino.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Babarino »

No I would not choose to become immortal! If my friends, family and pets could be immortal too, I would reconsider my choice.
oge123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oge123.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by oge123 »

Wasif Ahmed wrote: 01 Feb 2017, 12:30 If you were given the choice of not aging beyond a certain point, would you do it?
I am not sure. The idea of becoming immortal does sound interesting but.....

Please share your thoughts on this topic. ?
Immortality will be exciting if you enjoy it with someone you love. What if that someone is a mortal?
That's when being an immortal becomes a burden.
I will like have the experience in a movie, just fleetingly.

Return to “Discuss "The Diary of an Immortal (1945-1959)" by David J Castello”