- Posts: 803
- Joined: 19 Sep 2016, 04:28
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 15
- 2017 Reading Goal: 7
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 128
- Currently Reading: Last Dance
- Bookshelf Size: 254
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swara-sangeet.html
- Latest Review: Love & Lust The Sensuousnes of The Tropics by Carlos Alberto Laster
- Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5
Ooh, dealing with a bully, whoever it may be, is tricky. If it's someone you care for deeply, it must be a real pain. The person being bullied should handle the bully warily with precaution.
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 27 Dec 2016, 06:15
- 2017 Reading Goal: 150
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 4
- Currently Reading: Route 66
- Bookshelf Size: 439
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dosenron877.html
- Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
- Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
That behavior could probably be because of his relationship with Marcus. Given that relationship, I would call Marcus's behavior physical and emotional abuse. Do you agree? Do you think the way Henry reacts is typical?
Yep, it was physical and emotional abuse and the relationship with Marcus was a big part of it but there was a bit more. Marcus was rich and occupied a higher level in society than Henry. He also was popular, he had a "crew." Combine those things with the relationship and you come up with nothing but despair and resignation on the part of Henry. It is very difficult for outside elements, like teachers, to interfere. Parental reaction to teacher help opens up a huge area of possible litigation.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 19 Dec 2016, 03:50
- Bookshelf Size: 30
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailvilla18.html
- Latest Review: "Loving Marie" by Dawn Reno Langley
In this book, Henry suffered both mental and physical abuse from Marcus and his friends. It is hurtful because someone who mocks and scorns him are the ones close to him. I admire Henry's strength when he stood up for himself.
Latest Review: "Loving Marie" by Dawn Reno Langley
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 15:35
- 2017 Reading Goal: 60
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 36
- Currently Reading: The End of Oz
- Bookshelf Size: 37
Henry has definitely suffered a lot of emotional blows to the point where he was not able to defend himself. Even so, you must question what would happen if he did stand up for himself. Considering Marcus has a whole posse, if Henry were to fight back, Marcus and his friends could easily gang up on Henry and torment him even more. On the other hand, if you don't stand up for yourself, how can you stop the bullying? If you can't help yourself, then find someone who can help you or help you help your self.
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 29 Mar 2017, 19:37
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Communist Manifesto</a>
- Bookshelf Size: 11
I believe that the reaction of Henry is typical. he did not fight back or react aggressively because Marcus is his friend. However, in a situation wherein Henry is already aggravated and physically bullied then he must do something that is necessary because at the end of the day friendship could not give everything that you want in life. Learn how to take a risk if it is for your betterment even it would be at the expense of your friendship.
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 29 Mar 2017, 16:21
- 2017 Reading Goal: 10
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 60
- Currently Reading: Divergent
- Bookshelf Size: 12
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ckennedy.html
- Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
I definitely agree that the behavior is abusive. Unfortunately, "love is blind" definitely applies to this situation.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 05 Jun 2017, 09:49
- Bookshelf Size: 18
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
- Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
Donnavila Marie01 wrote:Bullying is one of our problems among the young. We have laws but these laws are not strictly implemented. Sometimes, the young are not aware of their rights against bullying.
Yeah, I agree with that.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David