Do You Believe in Aliens?

Discuss the January 2017 Book of the Month, We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson.
Jann Jumonong
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 51575">The girl with a dragon tattoo</a>
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jann-jumonong.html

Re: Do You Believe in Aliens?

Post by Jann Jumonong »

there's high possibility that any extraterrestrial object existed outside our planet. So believing in aliens wouldn't make you hallucinate of something that isn't scientifically proven like god.
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

I think the universe is too big for us to be the only ones here. It seems very likely that, somewhere out there, there is some other form of life. I also like to believe we're not completely alone, so the possibility of aliens is exciting.
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
Aimy
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aimy.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Aimy »

hsimone wrote:In We Are the Ants, Henry is abducted by aliens and is left with a difficult question - does he push the button that will save his planet or let the planet be destroyed?

Do you believe there are other life forms/aliens out there in space or are we the only ones? Do you believe they have an effect on our planet in any way?
Our tiny world in this vast universe makes me wonder what can be on other planets, in other galaxies. It can be some other life!
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Lincoln »

Dh_ wrote:I think the universe is too big for us to be the only ones here. It seems very likely that, somewhere out there, there is some other form of life. I also like to believe we're not completely alone, so the possibility of aliens is exciting.
I tend to agree with this. Sure, it's a tiny possibility of life elsewhere, but the universe is so huge and encompassing that it probably happened multiple times elsewhere. Not only that, but life on earth could have been triggered from elsewhere.
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
hailvilla18
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailvilla18.html
Latest Review: "Loving Marie" by Dawn Reno Langley

Post by hailvilla18 »

When I was young, I used to believe in aliens because of the movies and shows on television. When I grew up, I realized that hypotheses still have to be proven to be considered true. In this case, sightings of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) are not enougj to conclude that aliens exist. They are claims from people which need to be further investigated. However, since the world is vast, I am not closing my mind of possibilities that we are not the only ones living in the universe.
Latest Review: "Loving Marie" by Dawn Reno Langley
CarrieMe
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carrieme.html
Latest Review: "Away From The Sun" by Rebecca brisbane

Post by CarrieMe »

Like others, I feel like the universe is so vast that logically, there MUST be other life out there. Even so, it kind of blows my mind to think about what that might actually look like if we ever came into contact with any.
Latest Review: "Away From The Sun" by Rebecca brisbane
kio
Favorite Author: Janet Evanovich
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... vermore</a>
Bookshelf Size: 532
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kio.html
Latest Review: "A Twist of Fate" by Mark W. Johnson
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 2658

Post by kio »

Ever since my great uncle who worked in Area 51 said he believed in Aliens, I have.
"Books are unique portable magic."-Stephen King
Latest Review: "A Twist of Fate" by Mark W. Johnson
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Post by Jeyran Main »

Yes, I do believe in other forms of unknown life besides the one on our planet.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
michelonline29
Favorite Book: The Eurasians
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelonline29.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by michelonline29 »

Many people said that there are aliens since the universe is big enough for all creatures. For me I believe that there are aliens.
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
Moniquejm
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2759">What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict</a>
Currently Reading: Small Change
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moniquejm.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Moniquejm »

Yes I believe in Aliens but it does not mean that I let them affect the way I handle life.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I do believe that aliens exist in the universe. I don't know if they are on our planet but I refuse to believe we are the only living creatures in the universe. There is definitely something else out there that we just haven't discovered yet.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
noorsawhney
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noorsawhney.html
Latest Review: "Aluria" by Tyler Cook

Post by noorsawhney »

I used to be very skeptical about aliens, but now I constantly think about how there could be life somewhere else! Scientifically, there are planets that are suitable for life so it is very possible. I would always imagine aliens as being very technologically advanced, way more than us, then thinking we were very primitive. Until there is proof however, I will just continue to watch the X Files!
“Nolite te bastardes carborundorum"
Latest Review: "Aluria" by Tyler Cook
debo9967
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debo9967.html
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover

Post by debo9967 »

I think there's a good chance of life on other planets in some other galaxy, but those galaxies are light years away. So, I don't think that life on those planets will affect us here anytime soon; but decades later who knows?
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover
Emily Pittman
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emily Pittman »

The universe is huge and mostly unexplored! I don't know about the type of aliens we see in science fiction, but since we exist on Earth, there is definitely some kind of life on another planet somewhere.
Ajgird
Currently Reading: Eclipse
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by Ajgird »

I do believe that aliens exist. I think that aliens do exist on other planets. I'm not sure whether or not I believe that there are aliens that are like us or if they are just other living thing such as bacteria. I find it a little hard to believe that there are other creatures that live similar to how we do.

Return to “Discuss "We Are the Ants" by Shaun David Hutchinson”