Would you want to be a vampire?

Discuss the December 2016 Book of the Month, Nightlord by Garon Whited.
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Would you want to be a vampire?

Post by The Researcher »

No. i will not trade so many tasty cuisine for only one type of meal. That is blood for breakfast,lunch, snack and dinner. It will be very monotonous. And no i will not trade my cheese burst pizza for vampirism
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Mark Johnson
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-johnson.html
Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner

Post by Mark Johnson »

No, I would not want to be a vampire. Have you ever read about a happy vampire?
Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner
Insomniac07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insomniac07.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Insomniac07 »

Nope. Though they do have cool powers sometimes, becoming immortal and drinking blood isn't very appealing.
Tommie H Odom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1960">Sade Evans</a>
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommie-h-odom.html

Post by Tommie H Odom »

No. It would be no way that I would want to be a vampire. When it's over. It's over. As a vampire, you are cursed for life. You will be preying on others to survive. That is inhuman.
EmperorOfBooks
Currently Reading: the wicked will rise
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emperorofbooks.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by EmperorOfBooks »

In my honest opinion, I don't think I would be comfortable with the fact that I had to live forever to see the people I care about die, due to the fact that vampires are immortal. I also would probably get bored of the lifestyle they live, so I'll opt out for this one.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Kb3ck
Currently Reading: Two by Two
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kb3ck.html
Latest Review: "Brown Scarf Blues" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Kb3ck »

I agree that the killing is a huge part of what would not make me want to be a vampire. If I could just have the strength without all the killing that would be pretty amazing.
Latest Review: "Brown Scarf Blues" by Mois Benarroch
konnapap
Currently Reading: ethan frome
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-konnapap.html
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch

Post by konnapap »

It would be so tough being a vampire! I can't even imagine myself preying on other people just to survive. No, I don't find the idea appealing.
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch
Kyle Senpai
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Kyle Senpai »

if i have given a chance to become vampire i would say yes because i always want to have a extraordinary life. im not saying that i want to kill people or other living beings its just for a good cause. of course, i will face many dangers cause by the way most people see something unhuman like, they dont always welcome them with open arms some even freaked out. well i want to be a good vampire
Bfrisco
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bfrisco.html
Latest Review: "Summer Warriors" by Bill Sharp

Post by Bfrisco »

I don't think I would. Immortality would get old pretty quickly, I feel like. After all, I'm terrible at mourning losses now. I can't imagine mourning losses for eternity. While I think it would be amazing to have the opportunity to live long enough to see the future, I think the costs wouldn't be worth it.
Latest Review: "Summer Warriors" by Bill Sharp
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by ananya92 »

Most definitely not!
Even if one didn't have to kill humans, scouting for food regularly seems exhausting. Not to mention that a vampire can't form a lasting attachment to anyone, since they'll die, while the vampire continues to exist forever. It seems lonely and tiring.
jwheeler28
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwheeler28.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by jwheeler28 »

For me that is a hard thing to decide. While I love the thought of never growing old and have some of the cool super powers that you read about and see in movies and such, I don't know if I could handle the blood lust and the dangers around it. I am also unsure of being able to handle being apart from my family. At the same time though, the thought of never having to worry about being sick with the illnesses we have to deal with would be a good thought process. So for me, the answer to this question, simply put, would be I don't know. If it happened I would deal with the best way I know how, and if it didn't at least I would be able to watch my children grow up with them instead of from the shadows.
Aimy
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aimy.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Aimy »

rovet wrote:Based on Eric's experiences in "Nightlord", would you want to become a vampire if you were given the opportunity?

I was thinking about this when Eric is speaking to the magicians who want to study him, and he says that overall he had a positive experience as a vampire, but wouldn't recommend it. Slightly conflicting reply. In many ways it is pretty darn awesome - the crazy powers and strength. But the thing that would get to me would be the killing... so I would not want to be a vampire. What do you think?
I would not like to be a vampire. Why would I like to drain blood when I have lots of things to eat. :D
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
cherrykarl
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39">Broken Prince</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 664
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrykarl.html

Post by cherrykarl »

I would rather choose to die if given the chance to live a life worse than death. Heart as hard as stone, get ashed and blood sucking monsters they said. Well, I'll never want to be one. :)
Peculiar. Unique. Extraordinairé | Philippians 4:13
KasieMiehlke
Currently Reading: The Hidden Village
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasiemiehlke.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by KasieMiehlke »

I would not want to be a vampire. The idea that immortality is possible would be too much. I would want to be, in every sense of the word, a loner.
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

Only if I don't have to drink blood to stay alive. I know it's part of being a vampire, but the blood is really the part that ruins it for me. Immortality is a plus, for sure. I think I wouldn't want to be one just because blood kind of freaks me out.
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva

Return to “Discuss "Nightlord" by Garon Whited”