Would you want to be a vampire?

Discuss the December 2016 Book of the Month, Nightlord by Garon Whited.
Jovanny19
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jovanny19.html

Re: Would you want to be a vampire?

Post by Jovanny19 »

I would imagine it would be hard because you wouldn't be able to enjoy a sunny day on the beach. Furthermore, feeding off of people at night just sounds like a hassle.
danielleurban23
Favorite Author: Jill Sanders
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=1644">No Light</a>
Currently Reading: Home to You
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielleurban23.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
fav_author_id: 16339

Post by danielleurban23 »

Would I want to become a vampire? No. Being blood thirsty is not cool. Like others have mentioned, yes, the powers and strength by being a vampire are valuable. However, why would I want to kill in order to survive? I would rather stay human. Being weak and knowing I'll die eventually like the rest of my family and friends. That then would be like a deep sleep. Vampires have too many worries. I think it would be too stressful to be one.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Swiftmover07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swiftmover07.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Swiftmover07 »

I think being a vampire would be awesome! Being a vampire has its ups and downs and so does regular ole human life. Just imagine all the wisdom and intellect you cpuld collect over the years! The idea of witnessing and being part of what would eventually be history had always fascinated me
Goodnight sweet prince, may flights of devils wing you to your rest. - Anne Rice
Shermac21
Currently Reading: 30 Pieces of Silver
Bookshelf Size: 259
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shermac21.html

Post by Shermac21 »

While there are some awesone perks to being a vampire, I don't think I'd want to outlive my family and friends.

Seeing the world at your leisure and not worrying about every getting ill, awesome. Living longer than anyone you love and know, not awesome.
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

Personally, no I would not like to be a vampire because I don't think I would like to live forever. Also having to drink blood grosses me out.
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
shibaburt
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shibaburt.html

Post by shibaburt »

That is a tough question. For one you get all the cool powers, and for two you would have to leave your family behind. I think that it would be hard, knowing that your loved ones are dying while you're still living. I don't think I would want to be a vampire, because I wouldn't want to feed on humans. I wouldn't want to see my loved ones die before me.
cjohns105
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjohns105.html
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali

Post by cjohns105 »

The biggest perks of being a vampire in many tales, is the acquisition of immortality. In some respects I would love immortality. I would have a chance to master languages, become immersed in cultures, become very knowledgeable on countless subjects, and these are things that hold value for me. But I think that there are prices that come along with such a prize. While many outward opportunities may open up, you would also be thrown into a very small world comprised of other creatures like yourself. And with all of existence before you, there is an inevitability that you would become bored with the quest for knowledge, falling instead into the trap that is political intrigue and the lust for power. I have no interest in that side of things, and so I think I would rather work harder with the time I have to become as knowledgeable as I can be. So no, I do not think that I would want to be a vampire, if given the choice.
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali
psychopathycathy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-psychopathycathy.html
Latest Review: Notes of Sorrow Songs Of Joy by Robert Lauri

Post by psychopathycathy »

No, honestly. Sure, you get a lot of those cool powers and experiences but at the end of the day the price I'd have to make humanity pay just doesn't feel worth it.
Toria Mason
Currently Reading: Thirteen Reasons Why
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toria-mason.html
Latest Review: "The Last Valentine" by Felix Alexander

Post by Toria Mason »

There is a fair amount of fantastical creatures I wouldn't mind being, but I don't think vampires have a terribly strong appeal. Though if I were the type of vampire that never had the need to sleep, it may not be so bad. Sleep is such a dreadful thing. I'd certainly approve of the "Twilight" vegetarian vampire route though.
Latest Review: "The Last Valentine" by Felix Alexander
Corybarclay
Currently Reading: Warbreaker
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corybarclay.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by Corybarclay »

If it were possible, I'd say sure. Having super strength and abilities, like being able to fly, or turn into bats or a cloud of mist would be awesome. Though the negatives would kind of suck: not being able to go out in the daylight (but hey, I'm pretty much a vampire in that regard anyway), the whole crosses burning skin thing, not being able to go to church (I don't as it is). Hm, I'd say the pros outweigh the cons.

Edit: Oh yeah, immortality. That's a biggie. Would be pretty sweet, but could ultimately get pretty damn boring.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
dosenron877
Currently Reading: Route 66
Bookshelf Size: 439
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dosenron877.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dosenron877 »

I would never want to be a vampire for a very selfish reason that has nothing to do with moral judgments about killing. It is the same question as "Would you like to be immortal? Nope. There could be no meaningful emotional relationships, just a mechanical cyle of birth to death for everyone else around you that you would be required to observe. You would enter every relationship knowing when it would probably end. Some people consult calendars. The vampire would carry around an actuarial table.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
MarissaW44
Currently Reading: Shadow of the Raven (Book I of Sons of Kings trilogy)
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissaw44.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by MarissaW44 »

I would have to say no- agreeing to the points made on diseases, outliving loved ones, and killing people. I feel like the vampire life is not easily lived. You would quickly realize how quickly the human life span is over, losing loved ones left and right. Not to mention killing other people's loved ones to live and feeling the guilt immortally.
papaya12
Currently Reading: Insurgent
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-papaya12.html
Latest Review: Protostar by Braxton A. Cosby
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by papaya12 »

I don't think that I would want to be one but there is a saying that says something like no matter how great your life is no one would trade theirs for yours. So being a vampire could be better than being human.
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

No I would not want to be a vampire.
Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Cheeky
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 22">Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks</a>
Currently Reading: Lost Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheeky.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Cheeky »

I definitely would not, I mean really? when you think about it the vampire never dies, and all his or hers loved ones will die before the vampire, and he or she will forever roam the earth looking for people to have a midnight feast on.. so no i like my mortal life better. great question....

Return to “Discuss "Nightlord" by Garon Whited”