What did you think of Aunt Emily O'Rourke?

Discuss the November 2016 Book of the Month, Roan: The Tales Of Conor Archer by E. R. Barr.
jamesabr
Currently Reading: The Gulf
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamesabr.html
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
Reading Device: 1400697484

What did you think of Aunt Emily O'Rourke?

Post by jamesabr »

What is your impression of her? As a(n) ally/mentor, which of her characteristics stood out to you? :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
Seamusberen1955
Favorite Author: E. R. Barr
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 42361
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Roan:The Tales Of Conor Archer

Post by Seamusberen1955 »

From the author: i'm sorry there are so few responses here because Emily is one of the best crafted characters in the novel. She is definitely a major character with a mind of her own and she does things that I don't expect. I respect her as a character because she goes and picks my mind in here to travel to places I have never been or think things that I have never thought. Emily is memorable because she carries with her the archetype of the wise woman. She just knows stuff and she can do stuff and God help anyone that crosses her. Let's face it she's also a parent making sure that kind of grows the right way. And yet she's more than that. More than one time in the novel there is a regalness that shines around her and I do not know if we yet Are aware of Emily's full story
CZCampbell
Currently Reading: Nighthawk: Sons of de Wolfe
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-czcampbell.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CZCampbell »

What I appreciated most from Emily was her human side. What I mean to say is that Aunt Emily O'Rourke is one of the more mysterious characters in the story, knowing everything yet not knowing. We see her past transgressions, we see her emotions, and we see her as the mystical. I am excited to know what the future holds for her character in Volume 2.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Return to “Discuss "Roan" by E. R. Barr”