- Posts: 930
- Joined: 19 Dec 2016, 02:39
- 2017 Reading Goal: 50
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 42
- Currently Reading: the one
- Bookshelf Size: 90
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
- Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Good versus Evil is a long time discussion. It has been a debate even before saga. Do we really have these forces unknown? Many of us believe that the good triumphs over evil. I would say, it is always right to do something good. It is through this that we could open a door for good to win over evil.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 27 Dec 2016, 10:49
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... penwolf</a>
- Bookshelf Size: 156
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leparda.html
There is good and evil in every person. I hate it, when books show main characters as an absolute good as it is just very plain. Every person is a little bit greedy, jealous, manipulative, merciless and such. Maybe it's weird, but I relate a lot with villains, most of them have a strong purpose and I can put myself in their shoes, so I see a lot good in them too. But of course, it is weird if they don't have any human emotion or a capacity to feel.
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 17 Nov 2016, 08:37
- 2017 Reading Goal: 20
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 0
- Bookshelf Size: 25
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramblinggnomes.html
- Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
I don´t believe in unseen forces that manipulate us but I think we naturally, as humans, root for good over evil. What we define as good or evil is ultimately decided by society.
We are influenced from an early age about what is defined as good and evil and we don´t question. Take the Disney films, the villain is always stereotypical so it´s clear from the beginning that they are evil, no moral confusion there. However, take the book Lolita and, although we know very clearly that his actions are wrong, we can´t help feeling slightly sorry for the paedophile. Shocking, but just goes to show how easily our definitions of good and evil can be swayed.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 29 Jul 2016, 10:41
- Bookshelf Size: 22
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-countryrose.html
There has always been Good vs. Evil in the world. God vs. Satan. I mean, it's the foundation that everyone could understand. Everyone has an angel or a devil working in their lives, but depends on who listen to. I know that sounds like an old cartoon but its something that everyone can relate to.
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 02 Jun 2014, 10:34
- 2017 Reading Goal: 1000
- Favorite Author: Jill Sanders
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=1644">No Light</a>
- Currently Reading: Home to You
- Bookshelf Size: 42
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielleurban23.html
- Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
- fav_author_id: 16339
Good and evil will always be the boiling point in real life and in fiction. No character goes without this shadow following them. Ones past can haunt them forever which then can destroy their present and possibly their future. Always go for the good. Because once, one goes to the evil side there is never way out...my past haunts me each day. If I could go back I would try to redo each better.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
- Posts: 186
- Joined: 11 Sep 2017, 16:00
- 2017 Reading Goal: 0
- Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
- Bookshelf Size: 23
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
- Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
I usually find myself rooting for villainous characters when the protagonists are obnoxious and shallow. Some times you're better able to relate with them because most bad people didn't just get that way all on their own. I however, condemn anime for the way it presents these terrible characters as cool. Has anyone else notice how really good looking actors get cased in villainous roles and fans gravitate to them more? Evil is only appealing in fiction because it creates conflicts upon which to drive the story. I'm a sucker for a good ending.
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 05 Jun 2017, 09:49
- Bookshelf Size: 18
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
- Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
I always support for good every time but I do think that 'good' will not be valued without 'evil'.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
- Previous Member of the Month
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 30 Oct 2017, 04:36
- 2017 Reading Goal: 0
- Bookshelf Size: 0
I think that there are ACTIONS that are irredeemably evil, but not PEOPLE who are. As to it being a force in its own right, well, I am open-minded. All I will say is that I have been in some places where I have felt a very strange, cold, scared feeling - and it can't all be put down to suggestability as I have not always known beforehand that anything bad happened there.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
- Posts: 582
- Joined: 31 May 2018, 17:36
- 2018 Reading Goal: 25
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 76
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 45
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
- Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer
I don't believe in an unseen world ofor good and evil; I believe we are a product of our environment and that we all make choices.