Good vs. Evil

Discuss the November 2016 Book of the Month, Roan: The Tales Of Conor Archer by E. R. Barr.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Re: Good vs. Evil

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Good versus Evil is a long time discussion. It has been a debate even before saga. Do we really have these forces unknown? Many of us believe that the good triumphs over evil. I would say, it is always right to do something good. It is through this that we could open a door for good to win over evil.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Leparda
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... penwolf</a>
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leparda.html

Post by Leparda »

There is good and evil in every person. I hate it, when books show main characters as an absolute good as it is just very plain. Every person is a little bit greedy, jealous, manipulative, merciless and such. Maybe it's weird, but I relate a lot with villains, most of them have a strong purpose and I can put myself in their shoes, so I see a lot good in them too. But of course, it is weird if they don't have any human emotion or a capacity to feel.
ramblinggnomes
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramblinggnomes.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by ramblinggnomes »

I don´t believe in unseen forces that manipulate us but I think we naturally, as humans, root for good over evil. What we define as good or evil is ultimately decided by society.
We are influenced from an early age about what is defined as good and evil and we don´t question. Take the Disney films, the villain is always stereotypical so it´s clear from the beginning that they are evil, no moral confusion there. However, take the book Lolita and, although we know very clearly that his actions are wrong, we can´t help feeling slightly sorry for the paedophile. Shocking, but just goes to show how easily our definitions of good and evil can be swayed.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Lady Countryrose
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-countryrose.html

Post by Lady Countryrose »

There has always been Good vs. Evil in the world. God vs. Satan. I mean, it's the foundation that everyone could understand. Everyone has an angel or a devil working in their lives, but depends on who listen to. I know that sounds like an old cartoon but its something that everyone can relate to.
danielleurban23
Favorite Author: Jill Sanders
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=1644">No Light</a>
Currently Reading: Home to You
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielleurban23.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
fav_author_id: 16339

Post by danielleurban23 »

Good and evil will always be the boiling point in real life and in fiction. No character goes without this shadow following them. Ones past can haunt them forever which then can destroy their present and possibly their future. Always go for the good. Because once, one goes to the evil side there is never way out...my past haunts me each day. If I could go back I would try to redo each better.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

I usually find myself rooting for villainous characters when the protagonists are obnoxious and shallow. Some times you're better able to relate with them because most bad people didn't just get that way all on their own. I however, condemn anime for the way it presents these terrible characters as cool. Has anyone else notice how really good looking actors get cased in villainous roles and fans gravitate to them more? Evil is only appealing in fiction because it creates conflicts upon which to drive the story. I'm a sucker for a good ending.
Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by Anjum »

I always support for good every time but I do think that 'good' will not be valued without 'evil'.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

I think that there are ACTIONS that are irredeemably evil, but not PEOPLE who are. As to it being a force in its own right, well, I am open-minded. All I will say is that I have been in some places where I have felt a very strange, cold, scared feeling - and it can't all be put down to suggestability as I have not always known beforehand that anything bad happened there.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

I don't believe in an unseen world ofor good and evil; I believe we are a product of our environment and that we all make choices.

Return to “Discuss "Roan" by E. R. Barr”