Are Banshees real?

Discuss the November 2016 Book of the Month, Roan: The Tales Of Conor Archer by E. R. Barr.
aj014627
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Re: Are Banshees real?

Post by aj014627 »

lucymn11 wrote: 14 Nov 2016, 17:58 In my opinion, there isn't such a thing. I don't really believe in any supernatural spirits, but I'm interested to hear what others have to think.

You can't really prove something is not real until you know it for a fact. But I do believe in them. My family is irish but doesn't really talk about it. They sound more realistic than people think they do. Most banshees belong to a noble family way back in time and have stuck around. some are full of hatred and they will scream when the person dies other banshees cry for their loved ones they will miss. Their cries sound like a beautiful song people say. Banshees in my onion are more realistic than any other supernatural creature I know. :D
aj014627

Post by aj014627 »

Christine_B wrote: 18 Nov 2016, 17:15 I don't know if I believe in Banshee's. I've had near death experiences and nothing happened before that felt like a warning.

Banshees don't just give warnings to the person who was dying. They give warnings to the family and most are irish families. Im half irish family members don't talk about this as much. But I find irish legends to be quite fascinating. But yes I do believe in banshees they are more realistic than you think
aj014627

Post by aj014627 »

greenstripedgiraffe wrote: 21 Nov 2016, 08:43
Silvermoon wrote:I don't know. I have never experienced one nor heard of any else having one. However, they are in legends and myths and those are usually based on truth and facts. The proper spelling is Bean Sidhe.
that's the thing... Where do these stories come from?
these are irish legends. Which legends are usually based on truth and facts someone said that before in the comments but I do believe some supernatural creatures exist example the banshee. Banshees are more realistic than what other people think
aj014627

Post by aj014627 »

I guess Im the only one here who believes in them. Before people say you don't believe in them you have to actually take time and go through each story throughly I did found out facts and believe me they sound more realistic than you think. They are interesting and are legends but usually legends are based on truth and facts from long ago generations I probably know everything there is to know about a banshee because my family is irish and I could go on and on but I'm going to
aj014627

Post by aj014627 »

lacos2693 wrote: 22 Nov 2016, 04:58 I have never seen one but I don't think you can necessarily see them. In Yorkshire with the wind on the moors there are times when it sounded like a banshee.
There usually only found in ireland where it originates from. But its very rare you see one. If you do you end up dying I heard
eelavahs-jay wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 22:18 Such a thing doesn't exist at all. Banshees remind me of sirens and those are fictional as well.
You have to prove it. Lots of people have heard screams and not like animal screams and woman scream and you have to believe
ZenaLei7 wrote: 16 Jan 2017, 12:45 I don't believe in banshees but I do believe in ghosts.
So what makes you think banshees don't exist ghosts are just demons from hell
Mailis
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mailis »

I don't think so, they seem to be a confrontational lot don't they. Not exactly wallflower material you can easily overlook.
DreamerNightmare

Post by DreamerNightmare »

Banshees are real but also human. Dont cry neither, just predict someones death, but mostly not a specific person, mostly bout someone they know
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I definitely believe that animals are very intuitive. They can smell illness, go up to people who are going to die soon, and can sense weather/ disasters. Its absolutely possible that there are spirit guides and entities/ souls that can sense and make the path easier for an individual.
DesireeRose
Currently Reading: The Blood of Winter
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desireerose.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by DesireeRose »

No, I don't think banshees are real...although the idea is quite terrifying and fascinating at the same time.
atonykamau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atonykamau.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by atonykamau »

I have never been a big believer in the supernatural so I would have to say I don't believe in banshees.

Return to “Discuss "Roan" by E. R. Barr”