Who is your favorite character and why?

Discuss the November 2016 Book of the Month, Roan: The Tales Of Conor Archer by E. R. Barr.
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Who is your favorite character and why?

Post by Janetleighgreen »

I liked Rory. I felt that he was well rounded and flawed. I liked his personality too, he didn't apologize for how he was.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

The dog counts? 8)

I like Beth for her spunk and loyalty. She acts foolishly sometimes, but who doesn't?
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

This is a hard question to answer. I will approach it from two points of view: good and evil. In terms of characters on the side of good, I enjoyed the role played by Aunt Emily. She was there for Conor after the lose of his mother and in the transition into his new life and existence. I enjoyed her attitude and she always put Conor and his friends in their place when they stepped out of line. Also, her wisdom and long years of experience navigating the strange world that was Tinker's Grove, her role in preparing Conor for his becoming, and her role in the battle of good versus evil was enjoyable. In terms of characters who were evil, there were so many to chose from. I would have to say that Dr. Drake was an evil genius. I, being a biologist and being rather fond of DNA technology, enjoyed this aspect of the story. The idea that the genetic component associated with being a "dark one" could be isolated and used to engineer humans with characteristics and behaviors intrigued me. I enjoyed how the author merged the scientist with the shaman aspect of Drake's character.
Janetleighgreen

gali wrote:The dog counts? 8)

I like Beth for her spunk and loyalty. She acts foolishly sometimes, but who doesn't?
Yes! The dog counts! He's precious, I just wish there had been more of him. He seemed to get a little lost as the story progressed. I think his involvement could've helped Conor come to grips with what he was supposed to be doing faster.
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

I can't chose between two characters. I really liked the dog troubles. I just love his personality in the book. I also really liked Beth. I love the fact that she fell in love with Roan for who he is and not judge him for being different.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
gali

Post by gali »

Janetleighgreen wrote:
gali wrote:The dog counts? 8)

Yes! The dog counts! He's precious, I just wish there had been more of him. He seemed to get a little lost as the story progressed. I think his involvement could've helped Conor come to grips with what he was supposed to be doing faster.
I love the dog and was happy to discover he was ok at the end! I hope he will figure more in the next book! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
LivreAmour217
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

I couldn't help but love Troubles, and I really like Aunt Emily. She is the type of woman that I hope to be like when I get old!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Seamusberen1955
Favorite Author: E. R. Barr
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 42361
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Roan:The Tales Of Conor Archer

Post by Seamusberen1955 »

Seamusberen here and the author of ROAN. Troubles will definitely be back. Got to admit, he's a pretty cool dog.
Janetleighgreen

Seamusberen1955 wrote:Seamusberen here and the author of ROAN. Troubles will definitely be back. Got to admit, he's a pretty cool dog.
That is great! He is an awesome dog!
gali

Post by gali »

Seamusberen1955 wrote:Seamusberen here and the author of ROAN. Troubles will definitely be back. Got to admit, he's a pretty cool dog.
Great! He is cool and I loved him! I am glad to hear he will be back! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

Yes I like Troubles and Aunt Emily.
Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Ripley3131
Favorite Author: S.E. Sasaki
Currently Reading: reunion in death
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ripley3131.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
fav_author_id: 21099

Post by Ripley3131 »

By the end of the book I had a lot of favorite characters, but the one character that had remained my favorite throughout was Aunt Emily. From the first time that she was introduced, clear to the end, this character had substance. This choice was nearly a toss up, because Rory was a strong character as well throughout. Aunt Emily, formerly known as Deidre, spoke to me personally a little more, thus the tie breaker. I spent a good part of the beginning of the book wishing that Conor was a more believable character. This was corrected over time for me, but he still lost out to Aunt Emily who was supposed to be more of a supporting character. I did, however, deeply enjoy the book and give kudos to E.R. Barr for delivering a very complicated story so adeptly.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited

Return to “Discuss "Roan" by E. R. Barr”