Legends and Myths

Discuss the November 2016 Book of the Month, Roan: The Tales Of Conor Archer by E. R. Barr.
Atomixx Blends
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Legends and Myths

Post by Atomixx Blends »

loved it...
ZamaMbatha88
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zamambatha88.html

Post by ZamaMbatha88 »

Not too much weight....
karolinka
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karolinka.html
Latest Review: "Loose Threads" by J. O. Quantaman
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by karolinka »

I think there is a certain kernel of truth in myths and legends of different countries. I like to mine them for story ideas, mostly. I also like to read them. Grendel is a great example, or knights of the round table, those types of stories tend to inspire me to write.
"How to be a writer. Step one: Write."
- A. Beauchamp.
Latest Review: "Loose Threads" by J. O. Quantaman
Jauthor97
Favorite Author: J R R Tolkien
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jauthor97.html
Latest Review: "And The Little Hills Rejoice" by Barry Bennett Blander
fav_author_id: 2578

Post by Jauthor97 »

First of all the word "Legend" is epic in general. Legends and myths are what make history and life in general interesting! Facts are logical and good to know, but legends are the heart of a matter. Legends, I think, are for the romantic souls (romantic in the original sense of the word). I like Legends, they inspire, thrill, and excite me.
Latest Review: "And The Little Hills Rejoice" by Barry Bennett Blander
jlindquist
Currently Reading: Golden Son
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlindquist.html

Post by jlindquist »

I love the Pipes of Pan. Not only it is a myth that is associated with my favorite music society Sigma Alpha Iota, but it is a very beautiful story.
Shashikant N Sharma
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shashikant-n-sharma.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Shashikant N Sharma »

India is a country of legends and myths.
Educational20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-educational20.html

Post by Educational20 »

I have heard about bloody mary and candy man just to name a few. I saw a couple youtube videos of people trying them. I also read about different legends through websites from my google search engine. Has any heard about the blue baby or the weeping lady?
L Bucher
Currently Reading: King's Cage
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-l-bucher.html

Post by L Bucher »

I love a good myth/legend story, but as far as believing in any of them goes, I don't tend to put a lot of faith in them. They're more entertainment than anything!
Orchids47
Currently Reading: The Sale of a Lifetime: How the Great Bubble Burst of 2017 Can Make You Rich
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orchids47.html
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Orchids47 »

I find books on Appalachian/mountain folklore and myths to be quite humorous and some are quite true.
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael
Eahagan
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eahagan.html

Post by Eahagan »

I am Native American and our myths are a huge part of our culture. Some of them reflect early tribal religions but others are reflective of our history and general moral beliefs. Most of our stories are taught to us like Aesop's fables and they show our attitudes towards nature and other people. Many of us don't believe all of the old myths, but I think that myths and legends are great way to tell what a society values. My favorite character is Silver Fox.
Magickangel102
Currently Reading: The forgotten princess
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magickangel102.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Magickangel102 »

I think there are many legends or myths that are real. Not real as in the exact way they are described or told but I beleive they stem from a truth that then is bulked up with the fantasies of people's minds. There are some that are completely made up for the use of teaching a lesson
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

I love when legends and myths are creatively spun to create new worlds and unique situations in books. I'm a very skeptical person so as it relates to the real world, folklores are just tales told to entertain or frighten young kids. I've dabbled a bit into Greek and Japanese mythology, whilst fascinating I can't say that I believe much of it.
Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by Anjum »

Well, there are certain myths that I believe because I have experienced them in real life. But I generally stay away from myths and keep my belief in science.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
Cye360

Post by Cye360 »

When I was in school. I learned about Greek Mythology. It was very interesting. I enjoyed reading them. I studied and practiced Occultism for 30 years+ I learned Wicca, Druidism, Voodoo and many Pagan beliefs. I read alot of books in my life. It kept my insanity. I am a believer of Jesus Christ. My religion is "LOVE". But I take some of each thing I have learned from these beliefs and intertwine them into Christianity. I am very open minded and I do not judge anyone on what they want to believe. I want to study more on Norse Viking Mythology. Because my last name Lott is derived from the Norse people. I haven't reviewed legends and Myths yet. But would like to.

Return to “Discuss "Roan" by E. R. Barr”