Review by Taylor Danvers -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Taylor Danvers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-danvers.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Review by Taylor Danvers -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by Taylor Danvers »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E. Tavel is a guide to healthy living. The book has three parts. The first two parts are about health tips and myths. The author talks about common myths that people believe are true about health, and he provides scientific evidence to prove the myths wrong. The author offers a variety of health tips that can improve your health. He talks about a couple of diets that provide essential nutrients to the human body.

The author talks about weight loss, and he states ways that have been scientifically proven to be effective in weight loss. He also clearly states ways that do not work. He talks about different beverages and their health benefits. He also talks about the foods that can be harmful to your body and why they’re harmful. The third focuses on tricks that are used to sell products that are not as helpful to the body as their sellers say they are. The author tells the reader how to avoid falling for such lies, and he adds that we have to be skeptical while buying things to avoid being tricked.

I like the fact that the author has a scientific background, and he only gives scientific facts. If he didn’t, I would have discredited his information. Morton E. Tavel is a retired physician. I like the author’s sense of humor. The fact that he was able to add humor to such a serious topic is impressive. This fun touch made the book enjoyable to read, and I was able to read it in around 5 hours. The revelations made in this book about health myths were fascinating. I thought that some of the myths stated in this book were true before I read it.

There isn’t much I didn’t like about this book. However, I was distracted by a few grammatical errors. They are few, but they still put me off.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It is a very informative book, but it needs proper editing which is the reason for my score. The author did a great job at gathering these facts and writing them in a way that is easy to understand for everyone. I recommend this book to anyone who is seeking to improve their lifestyle and lead a healthier life. If you’re not a fan of taking medicine, you will gather a lot of knowledge from this book on how to live a healthy life.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Taylor Danvers's review? Post a comment saying so!
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :text-feedback: :text-welcomeconfetti:
DogoMulla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dogomulla.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by DogoMulla »

First, I have to appreciate that you can say so much in such few words. Second, I think a lot of ladies will want to pick this up just at the mention of weight loss. Going by your review I feel like this is a must-read. Thank you for such excellent review.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Nice review. Thanks for being honest and descriptive 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Jeremie Mondejar
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

This book made me shocked about the salt as the silent killer. I read this book, too.
Jeremie

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 »

Like you, I found this book to my liking despite my lack of interest in non-fiction. It's just too bad about the editing. I wasn't sure whether it was just my copy, for I found so many reviews awarding this book a full score. So, thanks for the wonderful review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”