Review by Philip Chepsingil -- Invisible Me by H M Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Philip Chepsingil
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philip-chepsingil.html
Latest Review: Ana by Gary Hope

Review by Philip Chepsingil -- Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Philip Chepsingil »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Invisible Me" by H M Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Invisible Me is a fantasy romance novel by H. M. Irwing. It is quite a short novel but full of interesting adventures. It has133 standard hard copy pages. The Kindle version of this book is available on the Amazon Kindle store at $ 0.99.

The main character of this novel is Freddie Lynch. The story starts when she was celebrating her eighteenth birthday. She had been overweight throughout her life. This bothered her especially when she became a teenager. Her main aim was to be noticed by her crush Edwin Carr. Edwin was the cousin of Kyle Lykin, her best friend. To achieve this, she had to lose weight fast before the family party which Edwin was to grace. She prepared and drunk a concoction of different weight loss ingredients. Among the ingredients she used was some chemicals belonging to her father who was a chemist. The concoction made her to become literally invisible.

The invisibility took her life in a different direction. The kind of life she had not wished for herself. But, it is the life which made her achieve her goal of being noticed by Edwin Carr despite being invisible. The story has many interesting scenes of her life including how she used her new found state of invisibility to her advantage and also when it became a challenge.

I enjoyed reading this story. Just as I have enjoyed reading other books authored by Irwing. I have read and enjoyed two of the trilogy novels, Heartaches – Bad Boy Vibes. The plot of this story is easy to understand. The author made an interesting story using the life of the few characters in the novel. The novel took me into an imagination of how life would be if we were to interact with spirits. The way we can talk, work and live with invisible beings. This is what I liked most in this novel.

According to me, the author wanted to bring out the theme of social judgement on obese people. The way in which obese people struggle to be accepted and appreciated by others in society. The author has depicted Freddie as a heroine through overcoming her conditions of invisibility and overweight to live a normal life.

Though classified as a romance novel, the author has managed to intertwine the romance scenes with other interesting non-romantic scenes. This made the book not graphically obscene. The book can be read comfortably by teenagers and other adults. Therefore I recommend the book to any reader. The only thing I didn’t like in this book is the spelling and grammatical errors. The errors are few but glaring. This makes me rate the book 3 out of 4 stars.

Invisible Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Philip Chepsingil's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: Ana by Gary Hope

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”