Review by Itskai88 -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Itskai88
2019 Reading Goal: 61
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 13
2018 Reading Goal: 88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itskai88.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Review by Itskai88 -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by Itskai88 » 08 Feb 2019, 13:03

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD is a book that has something for everyone who is interested in the food industry, personal health or even the pharmaceutical industry. Dr. Tavel now retired was a physician specializing in internal medicine and cardiovascular diseases. His professional experiences were evident throughout this book. As the title suggests, he talks about myths and facts surrounding chocolate and health, Fish during pregnancy, Losing weight, Cranberry juice, and UTIs and many more.

This book consists of three parts. The first section talks about tips on how to easily practice good health and wellness routines. The second section is on common myths and misconceptions regarding human physical makeup and how people interact with their surroundings. The third section talks about tricks that are employed to defraud unsuspecting consumers. Although the book is divided, it all works well together. The book lists contributors to obesity such as portion sizes and the ready availability of unhealthy fast food. It stresses on how the media has been irresponsible in spreading rumors about vaccines and their effects on infants. This book will also be helpful to parents with newborn babies.

The author carried out a lot of research in this book, he used medical journals and scientific publications, and this made the book sound more authentic. The author was firm but reassuring that dieting is the best and most sustainable route to weight loss. I liked how the author concluded the end of each chapter. I did enjoy the authors writing style a lot.

I was overwhelmed by the amount of information the book contained. I would say the title does not do it the justice it deserves. I felt educated and enlightened as I read through the pages. I came across lots of new information in the different subtopics in each chapter. The author did not fail to provide the best options and alternatives to all the points he discredited. There are a lot of chapters in this book that will impress readers.

This book is so much more than a weight loss book. I will gladly recommend it to anyone who is health conscious in general or anyone who is interested in nutrition and food safety. Although this book is valuable to everyone, I would say that readers who believe in alternative medicine may not find all the tips helpful but selective reading can still be applied. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I found no errors while reading as the book was well edited, there was nothing I disliked about the book, and it was a flawless eye-opener.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Itskai88's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”