Review by Timjim -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Timjim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timjim.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by Timjim -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by Timjim »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

'Life is wealth.' 'Learn to enjoy every minute of your life.' These are a few of the numerous quotes associated with life. The value of life cannot be overestimated. In this era, there is a gradual decline in good health and a steady increase in mortality. Therefore, there is a great need for a 'compass' to guide everyday habits in order to reduce the mortality level. The book which rises up to the task is Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E. Tavel.

While going through the opening pages, it seemed to me that the chapters were too numerous. But I got hooked as soon as I started reading. I couldn't wait to get to the next chapter. The book addresses a great variety of topics related to health. I especially enjoyed the aspects on trans fat consumption and allergies. I have been ever more alert to trans fat levels on my oils.

The first section of the book explains wellness issues in simple and clear terms. The accuracy of the facts provided are noteworthy. The issues addressed concern individuals of all ages and ethnic groups. The conclusions drawn are facts based on research. I found the chapter on chocolate and sunscreen particularly helpful. The second section was written to clear up misconceptions on a wide variety of beliefs. I was relieved to learn the real truth behind the use of Wi-Fi. The third section exposes scams which which waste resources and offer no real benefits. Many of these treatment scams are very popular. Millions of people have been negatively affected. Many have spent tremendous amount of time and money pursuing these useless treatments.

I think this book is a must-have for almost everyone. Treatment of illnesses and proper diet are major concerns for all of mankind. Therefore, having this book handy might prevent one from making costly mistakes and wasting precious resources on false cures.

I observed that Morton E. Tavel took great care in editing this book. The simple and logical arrangement of ideas are outstanding. The information is very relevant and helpful. The entire text is also free of errors.

I would recommend this book to all adults and teens who are concerned about their health and diet. On the other hand, I don't think this book would be ideal for people with serious health issues requiring urgent medical attention. I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The facts provided were logical and helpful. The editing was also professionally done.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Timjim's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”