Review by Catherine Amarachi -- Randy Love...at your ser...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Catherine Amarachi
Currently Reading: Building Your Financial Empire One Brick At A Time
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherine-amarachi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Review by Catherine Amarachi -- Randy Love...at your ser...

Post by Catherine Amarachi » 04 Feb 2019, 09:18

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Is it an adventurous tale of love? Or should we call it a highly fictional romance story? The classic novel Randy Love ... at your service by Shay Carter is, in my opinion, a unique and gripping blend of these genres. It is a fictional saga full of want, social and sexual escapades, focusing on the main character, Randy Love. The atmospheric modern British setting of the story clearly mirrors these themes.

Randy, a charming young man, is going through different problems which most young adults go through in their youthful ages. He has a strong desire of being independent, exploring the world the way it pleases him and wanting to be right at all times. Randy is deeply controlled by all these youthful exuberance and this contributes greatly in affecting his decision making and social relationship with others. During one of his several escapades, he meets Nicky, a junior lawyer whose character the author uses in exploring Randy's immature behaviour and who was later used in the end to transform Randy to a better person. For once in his life Randy accepted his shortcomings and apologized to Nicky.

Randy could be described as an antihero with his rough manners and lack of control, but the reader can still empathize with him. In fact, this is the principal reason I believe this novel is so exceptional. It rings with truth. The reader maybe horrified at the way Randy behave, and yet, at the same time, the author ensures that we never hate him because the reason for his actions are crystal clear.

However, Randy Love ... at your service is not what I would call an easy read. There are dense description and some dialogue is written in British terminology and slang which can be difficult to follow. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Although, it was professionally edited with little or no errors found, the book is written in dialect which could impede on the understanding of some readers who are not accustomed to British slang.

Nevertheless, I persevered and, all in all, I can highly recommend Randy Love ... at your service by Shay Carter to young adults, who enjoy reading lighthearted and adventurous romance stories.

Randy Love...at your service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Catherine Amarachi's review? Post a comment saying so!

Johnnytech
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Johnnytech » 12 Feb 2019, 11:51

This is really cool, The concept is not bad.

NuelUkah
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 35
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah » 12 Feb 2019, 13:44

Randy sounds like a difficult person. Reminds me of difficult people I've encountered. They never admit their shortcomings, always right. Good thing Randy acknowledged his shortcomings to Nicky. That led to a life transformation.
Very nice review.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...

Catherine Amarachi

Post by Catherine Amarachi » 16 Feb 2019, 04:33

Johnnytech wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 11:51
This is really cool, The concept is not bad.
Thanks John.

Catherine Amarachi

Post by Catherine Amarachi » 16 Feb 2019, 04:36

NuelUkah wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 13:44
Randy sounds like a difficult person. Reminds me of difficult people I've encountered. They never admit their shortcomings, always right. Good thing Randy acknowledged his shortcomings to Nicky. That led to a life transformation.
Very nice review.
Yea. He sure was a difficult character but lively and lovely and the same time. Thanks for reading my review.

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 56
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: The Engine Woman's Light
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: An Unexpected Mess by Marie Washtag

Post by kdstrack » 15 May 2019, 11:55

Yes, many may want to look down on Randy's behavior, but we understand his motivation. It was nice that he was able to apologize to Nicky. Great insights in your review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”