Review by C-Extra22 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review by C-Extra22 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by C-Extra22 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This appealing picture on the cover page of this book was my reason for reading this book. The picture was that of a bird on a ruined structure that had a light source and a fallen object by the side. Raven’s Peak by Lincoln Cole is a story of courage, bravery, resilience and incomparable loyalty. The Council (a group of men of different religions) is dedicated to fighting evil all over the world. Several threats arise that will have to be destroyed at all costs. A section of the Council called, hunters are directly responsible for fighting this evil. The evil this time are demons. A former hunter (Authur) rescues his adopted daughter (Abigail) from the hands of a demon and goes to hell with the demon. Abigail is raised by the Council to be a hunter. She refuses to give up on her search for Authur and will have to make some costly decisions in future. When the son of a member of the Council gets mixed up in the on-going war, the story comes to a climax.

The story had suspense, intrigue, humor, and lots of action. The author was able to give a detailed description of the action scenes. This contributed in making this story worthy of becoming a movie. The plot was entertaining and captivating enough to encourage an attentive audience. This enhanced the book's irresistible appeal. The author employed an amazing narration style that made the story flow effortlessly. This made the book an easy read that could be recommended for a wide range of audiences. Also, there was the presence of the supernatural in a large part of the story.

What I enjoyed the least about the story were the few errors I encountered while reading the story. For example, “It sounded way more plausible than demon’s being real and hunting him.” My reason is that the errors interrupted my reading flow sometimes. I really wished it didn’t have those errors.

On the other hand, I enjoyed Abigail’s fearless attitude. She had no laws restricting her from doing the right thing when necessary. This was what I enjoyed the most in the story. This was because I learnt a lot of things from her. It added to what I already knew about making tough decisions when necessary.

I rate Raven’s Peak 3 out of 4 stars. I did not give it the complete 4 because of the few typographical errors I encountered in the course of reading the book. I gave it a 3 because of its entertaining and humorous appeal from start to finish.

I recommend this book for religious bodies that believe in the existence of demons. This is because the book talks a lot about demons. Also, lovers of supernatural stories would love this book. They would find a lot of the supernatural in this book. On the other hand, people who do not believe in the existence of demons may not want to read this book. People who do not like stories about the supernatural may not find this book appealing.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like C-Extra22's review? Post a comment saying so!
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

Sounds like an entertaining and thrilling story. You've summarized and analysed the book in a precise and clear manner. Unfortunately, some themes featured in the book aren't appealing to me. I appreciate your well-drafted review,
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

The prologue was really appealing and arthur was a very amazing character. I also liked the cover.
Thanks a lot for the review C-Extra☺
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
Kristin Ransome
Currently Reading: Way of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firefawkes.html
Latest Review: The Augur's View by Victoria Lehrer

Post by Kristin Ransome »

You summarized this books amazing qualities nicely!! Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did :) thanks for the review!
labibliofile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-labibliofile.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by labibliofile »

I especially love the prologue and the epilogue to the book! A great review covering many areas in a concise way!
"Growth is the essence of life."

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”