Review by Don Pwai -- Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Don Pwai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-don-pwai.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Review by Don Pwai -- Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Don Pwai »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you love the kind of life you live? If you answered no, then maybe you have one of this common problems noted by the speaker. Maybe, you are suffering from a disjointed past and you don't know what you can really do, you lack confidence and better still you could be angry and bitter at the world. In the novel Bluewater Walkabout Into Africa, the author Tina Dreffin opens up about his struggles and challenges in life. The book is a tale of adventures, spiritual rediscovery and healing. Dreffin is assaulted as a young girl by her first boyfriend and employer. This leaves her frustrated and disjointed and weak. She dwells on her problems and forgets the better side of life.

Things take a good course once she meetings his husband Peter. She realised that she would never grow for as long as she hid from her painful past. She had to face the reality and break from the past she had no powers upon. Hopefully, Peter is besides her every step on the way. Their love blossoms. Her family becomes her new strength. Both she and her husband share the love for adventures and together with their two sons; they embark on a journey to Africa and across the south Pacific voyage- from South Africa to the Caribbean islands.

I cherished the author's writing style. The use of imagery and colourful maps was excellent. As a loving student of Geography, i loved the author's use of maps in the course of their travels. Maps were a useful asset in exploration even in the early days. The author captures their journey and its course through maps and that was nave. Moreover, the descriptive language used paints a bold picture of the various sites visited by the author including but not limited to Kruger national park in South Africa, Port Elisabeth and port of storms. My only problem was with the long flashbacks that occupied many pages. All the same, they were important in revealing power messages from the author's past.

I was traumatized by Tina's family adventure while on voyage from South Africa to Caribbean. That journey was dangerous and full of challenges. Huge tides of waves slashing into their ship. Whales flying into the air. I feared for their life. I couldn't take it anymore when Tina decided to jump into the sea to retrieve a fallen item. That was just too much in the circumstances.

This book is professionally edited and had no errors. I rate it at 3 out of 4 stars. The author narrates his life experiences that are absolutely inspirational. I deducted the one star due to some scary scenes in the novel. I would recommend this artistic work to persons who love land of sea adventures. Tina's family journey to the ship was exhilarating.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Don Pwai's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”