Review by Davinasmith18 -- Betrayal of Justice

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Davinasmith18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-davinasmith18.html
Latest Review: Overcoming Adversity ( Relaunched) by Nelson J Fowlkes

Review by Davinasmith18 -- Betrayal of Justice

Post by Davinasmith18 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Betrayal of Justice" by Mark M. Bello.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Betrayal of Justice by Mark M. Bellow is a book plot fueled by faith and justice. The newly elected president Ronald John is not a fan of diversity and wants to “make America Pure again.” Part of his plan includes banning travel and immigration from certain Muslim countries. Fueled by the president’s hateful agenda members of a white supremacist group terrorize a Muslim community and bombs a local mosque.

In Dearborn Michigan, a city with the largest Muslim population in the United States Ayra Khan a young Muslim woman is accused of murder and becomes entangled in a fight for justice despite the evidence against her. The twists and turns that follow highlight the injustices and discrimination that minorities in America may face trying to prove their innocence and loyalty to America. The reader is invited to take an up close and personal journey with Ayra to expose a murderer and find justice in an unjust world.

The book delves into the power and destruction of prejudice and hate. The reader is challenged to explore many modern themes of justice from different perspectives. The book’s genius is the authenticity. The author paints an exquisite description of President Ronald John and the devastating state of the country during his regime. At times I had to remind myself that I was reading fiction. On many occasions, it felt like I was reading a newspaper article or a historical account of a recent incident.

What I liked most about the book was the emotion and passion behind the book. The author encouraged the reader to consider humans as individuals separate from their religion or cultural beliefs. There was an underlying message that readers should embrace tolerance and avoid labels and broad descriptions to all members of a culture or religion. While the book focuses on Muslims, it is evident the author seeks to raise awareness and instill sensitivity in the reader for all humans. The author provides ample opportunities for the reader to develop a respect and admiration for individuals of different cultures and religions.

I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars because there is nothing I disliked about the book. It had a great pace and depth covering topics ranging from murder, mystery, politics, religion, law enforcement and justice. It was engaging and thought-provoking. There is brilliant detail in the criminal investigations, and the courtroom scenes are impressive. I recommend this book for readers who love fast past crime stories, but I do not recommend this book for those who are sensitive to political criticisms of the current presidential administration.

Betrayal of Justice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Davinasmith18's review? Post a comment saying so!
BelleReadsNietzsche
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche »

The book’s genius is the authenticity. The author paints an exquisite description of President Ronald John and the devastating state of the country during his regime. At times I had to remind myself that I was reading fiction. On many occasions, it felt like I was reading a newspaper article or a historical account of a recent incident.
I agree with you here. Sometimes I found this repetitive- “I already read this article! Oh wait, no, this is a fiction novel...”- but I still think this was a great strength of the book.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one!
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”