Review by Popcorn1 -- Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Popcorn1
Currently Reading: The reel sistelrs
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-popcorn1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review by Popcorn1 -- Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Popcorn1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Winning the War On Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards A Natural Cure by Sylvie Beljanski is a very captivating narrative. The book begins with Sylvie giving a presentation at NAVEL Expo- a Long Island Wellness event. The presentation consists of the latest studies that was done through the Beljanski Foundation’s research program regarding cancer and using plant extracts to cure it.

While waiting for the equipment to arrive, Sylvie entertained her audience by sharing her father’s true-life drama. When the equipment arrived, she then presented the research data however, she received an unexpected question from one of the audiences. The question is as follows: “So how did you learn about the arrests? You said you that you were in New York.”

This question made her realize that her story mattered to the audience, not just the research data she had just presented. Following that is her story. A story filled with conspiracy, friendship and struggles. Sylvie excellently narrated her epic journey in continuing her father’s fight in perfecting a natural cure for cancer. She described each event in a clear and concise manner.

Although there are science and medical jargon in the narrative, there are explanations for the ordinary audience to clearly understand and follow the flow of the narrative. However, this book does not contain purely science and medical research. Sylvie’s epic journey with vivid details will keep the audience on their toes.

When I started reading the book, I was instantly hooked. I was so immersed in the story that I can feel Sylvie’s emotions flowing out of the book. I haven’t even realized that I finished reading her story when I reached chapter bonus 2. The narrative got me so captivated that I finished reading it in one sitting. What I really like about the book is that there are inspirational quotes in the book that moved me. One quote in particular, motivated to not give up hope and always be diligent. The quote says “Many times, it’s easiest just to give up. But consider the spider that toils on relentlessly, through the night and through the rain until the web is built. And if something comes along and destroys his or her beautiful creation, the diligent spider begins to build again.”

There is nothing in the book that I dislike, so I believe Winning the War On Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards A Natural Cure deserves 4 out of 4 stars. Although there are only a few minor errors in the book, it does not affect flow and meaning of the narrative. I highly recommend this book to those who love reading science and medical books. To those who love reading action stories and history books, this book is right up your alley.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Popcorn1's review? Post a comment saying so!
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

I have to disagree about the book not containing scientific research. It has been said in many of the chapters that these products were tested on animals just as must to all medicines are but it has also undergone tests/studies in many university's showing to significantly help those patients that were in the study with their illness.
Chelsea N. Hackett

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”