Review by Lana Dancer -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lana Dancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lana-dancer.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Lana Dancer -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Lana Dancer »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Twisted Threads is Kaylin McFarren's latest both erotic and psychological thriller. As with Severed Threads, Buried Threads and Banished Threads, book four combaines action, adventure and romance filled with erotic energy. The novel is following Akira, beautiful Japanes geisha, who failed at killing gang leader. In order to stay alive, she was forced to become an assassin. Her last assigment is to find out who murderd crime lord's, Kaito Mitsui's, sister. Akira has ten days at the see, travelling in disguise with 'her father' on a cruise ship to the Caribbean, to identify target or face her own death.

Unaware of the his family is assassin target, Devon Lyons introduces Akira to his aunt and uncle. After spending a lot of time with them, playing the role of a shy, innocent, naïve soul—longing for approval, love, and protection, she soon discovers no one is who they seem to be. Lyons familiy and their companions share deep secrets and meaningfull connections. Devon on the other hand, is driven in mistery of feelings and desire. However, with killer on the loose, tension is high, especially because of a fact there is no exit. Surrounded by sea, fear is reached to a breaking point. Who to trust in order to survive?

All the caracters within the story are both commpeling and troubled as any most human beings whoes interactions are humorous, often build on personal conflicts. Kaylin McFarren has created the fabric of an interesting, complex drama.

The plot of this book immediately caught my attention. Filled with family secrets, intrigue and romance the novel is taking reader to a journey where is no way of knowing where the next rise will occur or how many twists will happen. Sexy mistery, family loyalty and revenge are all combined in one exhilarating book.

I have to admit though, it came as a quiet suprise when the explicit sex scenes showed up in great detail. I felt somewhat put off by them, but soon realized it was necessary for providing more meaningful explanation about a difference, regarding past and present.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, it is well written and easy to read as the plot is intriguing and the point of view alters. Fans of erotic thrillers will surely find enjoyment in this novel. However, it is important to note book contains graphic sex scenes due which may not be suitable for young readers. I highy recomend it for all the readers who search for advenutre and love, this novel will keep you on edge.

Twisted Threads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Lana Dancer's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”