Review by melissy370 -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Review by melissy370 -- The Biblical Clock

Post by melissy370 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon combines all of Friedmann‘s other works into an easier format. In his three other books, Friedmann shows how the world was created and how we can understand the end times through looking at the Torah and other Jewish sources. I have read one other book from Friedmann, and I can say at times the writing was dense, albeit very interesting. If you didn’t know much about science or Kabbalah, you could have easily gotten lost. What is different about The Biblical Clock is that a fictional narrative is used to describe Friedmann’s complex ideas and make them more accessible. Notable rabbis and other well-known men from history, such as Sir Isaac Newton, are looked at on what they thought about the Earth’s creation and ending. The fictional sections brought to life these men’s lives and showed how Friedmann came to his conclusions. Mixed with this are nonfictional sections where today’s science and theories are expounded upon. The change in style worked for me, and I came away more fully understanding his points. 

The book is broken up into three different parts. Part One is on how Genesis (the creation story) gives us a date for the end of times. It also shows how the Torah gives a correct account of how creation began. Friedmann asserts that science and Genesis are complementary to one another and not in conflict. Part Two goes into how we can discern when the world will end by using the Bible as a blueprint. In Part Three, Friedmann ties everything together. He explains more in-depth what Kabbalah is and how this religion believes we can bring the world closer to the end times.  

Chapter Ten was one of my favorites to read. It reminded me of the Left Behind series but with a Jewish mindset. This chapter is the only completely fictional part of the book. It conveys what might happen at the end times if you go by the blueprint that the Bible gives us. It was action-packed, and I was sad that it was so short. Friedmann shows he is not only deft at writing in nonfiction but could also excel in a fictional novel.

Although the Kabbalah worldview is used, you do not have to be a believer in it to enjoy this work. I am a Christian, and I didn’t agree with everything that was presented. I found that even though I didn’t share common beliefs with the author, I still found his views insightful and informative. The book gave unique theories and ideas that were backed up with science and research. Not once did one religion get promoted as being better than another, and the book could appeal to anyone, regardless of their background. 

I give The Biblical Clock 4 out of 4 stars. There were no negatives for me. I only found two errors in the entire book, and it appeared professionally edited. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to read about science, religion, history, and end time scenarios.  

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves

Like melissy370's review? Post a comment saying so!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The book sounds intriguing. Though, I have clear contradiction with the theory of kabbala. But the propounding views of the author about the end time scenarios are quite interesting and seem close to reality from the fact what is happening in Middle East.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

I read a book from the same author a few months back and i wasn't a very good read for me. Hope this one isn't like that.
Thanks a lot for the review Melissy☺
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
Dawud Adaviruku
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawud-adaviruku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Dawud Adaviruku »

I have read the review of this book before and I think it's an intriguing book to peruse. I couldn't agree more with your detailed descriptions. Great review you have written here.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is a religious educational non-fiction book that aims to study the Bible to learn humanity's path. The book is free on Kindle Unlimited and has an interesting OnlineBookClub review that highlighted the best the book had to offer. Congrats @GenesisandScien on being the BOTD.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A non-fiction book about the correlation between creationism and evolution sounds intriguing. It is good that the author can back his claims via the Torah, Kabbalah worldview, and other Jewish sources. I am glad you found his views insightful and informative despite not sharing his religion. That it was well-edited is another plus. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Stephanie Elizabeth
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

I am sad to say that I have zero knowledge regarding Kabbalah, so I think I might feel lost reading this book. I like that it is broken into three parts and people who have other beliefs can still read the book. I am glad the errors were not exhaustive and the book was professionally edited. Thanks for the wonderful review!
Emy Katherine
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emy-katherine.html
Latest Review: 9 Days of Piper Snow by Daniella Blechner
Reading Device: B07953N411

Post by Emy Katherine »

I am glad you enjoyed this book, which sounds informative as it "gave unique theories and ideas that were backed up with science and research." Those who enjoy reading about science, religion, and history will absolutely enjoy it! I got my copy even though it is not my genre. Thank you for the detailed review!
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

I like that knowledge of Kabbalah is not a prerequisite for enjoying the book, however, the information sounds too dense for me. Thanks!
mrnobody3
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrnobody3.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by mrnobody3 »

I believe that this book is intriguing and informative. However, I don't know much about science and Kabbalah so maybe I get lost to it when I read it. Thank you for the great review.
Scerakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

This is an interesting approach which is not often take in either scientific or religious texts - the attempt to merge the two. Perhaps more like this will ensure harmony between the two in the future.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

A book that deals with topics related to science, religion, history and the scenarios of recent times. It exposes complex ideas in a more accessible way. Despite its approach, it is a suitable book for people of any religion.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I can't get into the religious debate between religion and science, so I am going to pass.
evraealtana
Currently Reading: The Signature of All Things
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evraealtana.html
Latest Review: Never Teach A Pig to Sing. It is a waste of Time by Freida Atwood

Post by evraealtana »

I thought the premise of the book was interesting, but not really my cup of tea. It was well-written and well-researched, but did not really appeal to me. Thank you for your review.
Only1Cola
Currently Reading: The Age of Innocence
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only1cola.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Only1Cola »

I wholeheartedly agree that science and the Bible are compatible. In fact, whenever the Bible comments on scientific subjects it is always accurate. However, I have little interest in reading a detailed explanation of how the author came to his conclusions. Thank you for a detailed and well structured review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”