Review by Anthony__ -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review by Anthony__ -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Good nutrition and fitness are the keys to a healthy life. However, rampant misinformation has left many unhealthy. Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks: A Physician’s Advice by Morton E. Travel, MD is a self-help book that guides the reader, towards finding a healthy lifestyle, by mitigating the myths to avoid being tricked.

Dr. Travel is a retired physician that specialized in internal medicine and cardiology. He served as a Clinical Professor at Indiana University School of Medicine with over 120 publications in the medical journals. He authored several books including “Snake Oil is Alive and Well: The Clash between Myths and Reality-Reflections of Physician.” In Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks, he uses his extensive knowledge to impact our individual health and guides us against misconceptions.

This book is organized into three intersecting sections. First, the author explains how the reader can live a healthy lifestyle through several tips on nutrition and fitness. He also covers some common misconceptions (Myths) in the health industry that affects our physical makeup. Finally, he discusses the tricks or scams that are designed to take the victim’s money for useless products. Each section of the book contains several chapters with different subtopics. However, there is an intersection across the chapters; for instance, if one disregards the myths, he or she may end up becoming prey to cruel scammers. On the other hand, the scammers are only interested in the profit-making business, and not on the victim’s health challenge.

The author scrutinizes each topic, using scientific research approach to back up his professional opinion. He covers all areas and narrows his conclusion to the best option. Several materials are cited with references, so that, the reader can investigate the topics and draw their own conclusion. The first few chapters narrate the best option to shed pounds among several other options. The remaining chapters clarify the medical conspiracies and suggest preventive measures.

I was fascinated by the level of information embedded in each chapter. Travel does justice to nutrition; a lot of diets were investigated and analyzed. In fact, after reading the book, I became more careful with what I eat and drink. Also, I love how the author concludes each chapter, by allowing the reader to make his or her choice. He was very persuasive in his choice of words. This makes the book very friendly and more like a guide to the reader. There were only a few editorial errors in the book, and the numbering of the chapters is a bit confusing to me. Although, that did not distract my reading experience.

Overall, I rate Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks 4 out 4 stars because the book is well-researched and informative. I would recommend this book to everyone who wishes to make good and healthy choices. Although this book is useful to everyone, readers who believe in alternative medicine may not find all the tips helpful.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Anthony__'s review? Post a comment saying so!
Darlynn_Tebogo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlynn-tebogo.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Darlynn_Tebogo »

I reviewed this book not so long ago. I really enjoyed reading it and found that it was very insightful. Great review Anthony!
Anthony__
Currently Reading:

Post by Anthony__ »

Darlynn_Tebogo wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 07:41 I reviewed this book not so long ago. I really enjoyed reading it and found that it was very insightful. Great review Anthony!
Thank you for stopping by.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Yes, this book is very informative. The author carefully narrates all points in the book and helps reader to correct their drinking and eating habits. Thanks for this detailed review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Itskai88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itskai88.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Itskai88 »

This book seem very informative and I am actually tempted to read it just to find out if the author also touches on some of the mental aspects of living a healthier life because sometimes, just a health diet and fitness doesn’t cut it. Thanks for the awesome review.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Its good the author discusses safe ways of shedding a few pounds. Weight loss never gets out of fashion. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Anthony__
Currently Reading:

Post by Anthony__ »

Cotwani wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 16:07 Its good the author discusses safe ways of shedding a few pounds. Weight loss never gets out of fashion. Great review!
Thank you for stopping by, Cotwani :D
Anthony__
Currently Reading:

Post by Anthony__ »

Itskai88 wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 15:07 This book seem very informative and I am actually tempted to read it just to find out if the author also touches on some of the mental aspects of living a healthier life because sometimes, just a health diet and fitness doesn’t cut it. Thanks for the awesome review.
Thank you for stopping by, Itskai88
Anthony__
Currently Reading:

Post by Anthony__ »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 09:28 Yes, this book is very informative. The author carefully narrates all points in the book and helps reader to correct their drinking and eating habits. Thanks for this detailed review.

Thank you, Sarah, for stopping by :D
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

I would like to read this informative book. Thanks to the writer for this informative book after his retirement. Thanks to you for this review as well.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
Anthony__
Currently Reading:

Post by Anthony__ »

Ayat paarsa wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 03:59 I would like to read this informative book. Thanks to the writer for this informative book after his retirement. Thanks to you for this review as well.
You will be overwhelmed with the level of information. Thank you for stopping by :D
Willy 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willy-1.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Post by Willy 1 »

I have read this book. Really informative and apart from being a Doctor, the author really researched on the topic. I hope it helps the people who blindly follow medical trends without knowing the origin, health or hazards. Good review.
Anthony__
Currently Reading:

Post by Anthony__ »

Willy 1 wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 05:50 I have read this book. Really informative and apart from being a Doctor, the author really researched on the topic. I hope it helps the people who blindly follow medical trends without knowing the origin, health or hazards. Good review.
Thank you, for dropping by. :D
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I reviewed this book and enjoyed the information the author offered. His short, concise chapters were appealing. He stimulates your interest on different topics that you can research online. Thanks for your interesting review!
Anthony__
Currently Reading:

Post by Anthony__ »

kdstrack wrote: 22 Jan 2019, 11:02 I reviewed this book and enjoyed the information the author offered. His short, concise chapters were appealing. He stimulates your interest on different topics that you can research online. Thanks for your interesting review!
Thank you, for stopping by :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”