Review by TALIA ONYANGO -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TALIA ONYANGO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-talia-onyango.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Review by TALIA ONYANGO -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by TALIA ONYANGO »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Superhighway by Alex Fayman is a science and action thriller based on scientific inventions and the consequences therefrom in the daily life. On one evening at the children's home, Alex is seated on the computer laboratory busy using the computer. He misses his dinner just to spend more time in the computer laboratory. He does not notice the passage of time and only realizes that it is late into the night after everyone had gone to sleep. There is silence all around with him locked up in the computer laboratory. He causes a mess in the laboratory and gets electrified while trying to fix the installations. It is there that he discovers about his electric cable innovation. An electric plug that he uses to disappear into electric wires and take him places. It is the electric plug that he uses to escape unnoticed from the orphanage. The camera Placed in the institution did not capture him leaving the compound. His escape is still a mystery to Mrs. Jenkins - the orphanage administrator.

Fayman's plot moves quickly which is essential in an action thriller. His invention occurs at a time when he had completed his studies and was engaged as a tutor in the institution. Thereafter, he finds himself in the beach of a hotel and then quickly travels to Amsterdam, Netherlands. The story never lags one bit; it is always moving forward at a speed. There are some quitter parts during the periods of travel and transport but the author deals with these deftly. Such was masterclass.

I loved the manner in which the author describes the incidental characters. He simply let out their behaviour come naturally out as the story progresses. Readers get to learn about characters like Eva and Mrs. Jenkins just to mention a few as the story unravels. A brief physical description is the only interruption to the story. This characters largely influenced the decisions of the leading character - Alex.

I had no negatives in this novel. This book is exceptionally well edited and had no typographical errors. Overall, I rate this novel at 4 out of 4 stars. I gave it all the four stars since I could not find any negative aspect in this book plus its content was quite compelling. The plot development was amazing.

This book is a solid science and action thriller and I would recommend it to all individuals pursuing science courses. People who love thriller fictions can also read this book. It is a dam of science knowledge. However, if you are a chap disinterested in science, then this is not the book for you.

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like TALIA ONYANGO's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”