Review by mmerten -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mmerten
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmerten.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Review by mmerten -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta...

Post by mmerten »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts by Mark Wdowiak is a self-help book to help you stop making excuses for how your life is and basically get off your but and do something about it. He writes the book in a way that the reader can relate by interjecting personal stories and giving a bit of honest, tough love along the way.

The book is 32 chapters, broken into 4 sections. The introduction brings us into the book and introduces the author and what we can expect. Crawling is about taking responsibility for yourself and why your life is the way it is. He explains that you have to change the way you think and act if you want to change the outcomes in your life. Walking is about changing your thinking - building a foundation for what is to come. Running is all about talking action and basically - getting your head out of your buts!

Each section layers onto one another in a way that leads you through a progression. Allowing you to thoughtfully work through the different layers. One thing I found interesting was the fact that he ends each chapter with a place to put your initials (useless for ebook readers, but interesting concept), making it seem like you are creating a contract with yourself that you will in fact do the actions set forth on the pages. At the very least, if you are reading in ebook format, it at least forces you to mindfully acknowledge the actions. That process in and of itself can have great mental impact.

What I appreciated was the way he related back to his life events in order to give us some comparison. Depending on what stage of life you are in, you could relate this book and advice to a lot of different areas in life. Personal, business, relationships, etc. He could possibly even take this book and break it down further and get more under the surface with some of these specific topics.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I found it an easy read and well edited. It's a great self-help book to not only get you thinking, but also get you to take action (if you choose to do so). As with many things, you have to want to take the advice and then choose to use it, and I think the author's writing style is designed to help make you think - unlike most self-help books that are meant to just infuse some positive affirmations into your life. He gives a good step-by-step process with actionable items, and that makes the book worth it.

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like mmerten's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”