Review by jdy -- Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
jdy
2019 Reading Goal: 35
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 32
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 5
Currently Reading: We Make God Cry
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jdy.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Review by jdy -- Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by jdy » 15 Jan 2019, 17:11

[Following is a volunteer review of "Becoming the Dragon" by Alex Sapegin.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

<r><I><s></s>Becoming The Dragon<e></e></I> , written by Alex Sapegin,is a book written for the fan of fantasy and/or science fiction. A young man,Andy, has a lot of responsibility to care for his sisters and his pet, Bon. He had a "accident" as a young child which caused him to not be able to be around computers. One evening, on his way to take a meal to his father at work, he accidently walks right into a science experiment. He is transported to another world with strange places, animals and people. He encounters a diverse group of wildlife, fairies and elves who change his life.

The beginning of the book seemed to give too much detail about the world the character,Andy, lived in prior to his transportation to a different world. I felt too much of the book was given to these details that did not seem to matter later on in the book. The descriptions of the different parts of the fantasy world were good, I could almost see the vegetation and the animals.

The book also introduced too many different characters that could not be fully developed. There were a number characters who were introduced but did not seem to be essential to the story.

This book may appeal to the avid reader of fantasy books. I would not recommend it to the occasional reader ,or as the first try for someone who has not previously been a fantasy or science fiction fan. I feel like it would definitely turn them away from this kind of book.

I would only give this book </s>1 out of 4 stars.<e> The book was divided into 5 different parts and came across as fragmented or disjointed. It seemed to stray from the original plot of the book. The storyline was difficult to follow and left me asking too many questions. I felt lost for much of the book. This fragmentation was what I liked least about the book. I liked the vivid descriptions most about the book.</r>

Becoming the Dragon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like jdy's review? Post a comment saying so!

Swat3737
2019 Reading Goal: 75
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 24
2018 Reading Goal: 75
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 18
Favorite Book: Mists of avalon
Currently Reading: Call of the Couch
Bookshelf Size: 631
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swat3737.html
Latest Review: Capturing the Magic: A Photographic Celebration of the Disneyland Resort by Holly Wiencek

Post by Swat3737 » 17 Jan 2019, 22:02

Unfortunately this book sounds terrible! It seems like an interesting concept but I appreciate your honest review and wouldn't want to read it.
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”