Review by OloladeO -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
OloladeO
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 43
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review by OloladeO -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

Post by OloladeO » 15 Jan 2019, 10:22

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley is a children's picture book with just twenty-six pages. This hilarious book is filled with bright colors that are sure to grab the attention of any child. It follows the story of Sigfried and his long list of smelly things, which includes a rotten banana, pee, a dirty diaper and so on.

I must say that Len Foley is truly a gifted writer. Most writers of children's books’ usually get an illustrator to do the drawings, but Len has been able to do both remarkably well. The pictures are vivid and quite funny. It is hard to see that he had previously published seven badly-written books that nobody wanted to read.

The part I found most hilarious is from page 7 “And this terrible smell in this spot is from something I can’t even see” with an arrow pointing to a circle with nothing in it, ha! The dirty diaper part also got me too, haha!

The book was well edited as I did not encounter any error. However, I would like to point out something. On page 12, when the different color of socks was talked about, the words of the socks were in their right colors except for the blue socks that were in a purple color. Since this book is for children and an attempt to educate them, I believe that that part should be changed for children to learn about colors.

Bearing all that I have said in mind, I am proud to rate Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! 4 out of 4 stars. It certainly deserves it, and I am glad that Len Foley found his calling, ha! I recommend this book for children between the ages of three and seven. If you are an adult, a child at heart and a lover of children's books, please jump right in! If you are easily put off by gross things, this is not the book for you.

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like OloladeO's review? Post a comment saying so!

InStoree
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 55
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: Insectual by Barbara Sala

Post by InStoree » 05 Mar 2019, 05:10

OloladeO wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 10:22
The part I found most hilarious is from page 7 “And this terrible smell in this spot is from something I can’t even see” with an arrow pointing to a circle with nothing in it, ha!
Ha, indeed :lol: ! Twenty six pages filled with humor in an educational form, of course! I could have some fun with my nieces and this book. Thank you for your review! It made laugh, in a complementary way :) .
'You just have to Trust Your Own Madness' - Clive Barker :tiphat:

Kibetious
2019 Reading Goal: 70
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 10
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 49
Currently Reading: Life Experience of a Self-respecting Black Man
Bookshelf Size: 608
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibetious.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Kibetious » 05 Mar 2019, 07:33

Thanks for the profound review. Indeed, the author has done a great job now that he is doing what he loves and what suits him most. Quite inspirational to learn that he never gave up writing because of the bad performance of the initial seven books.
​​​​​​He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”