Review by bkiss317 -- Code Name: Dodger by Eric Auxier

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bkiss317
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bkiss317.html
Latest Review: We Don't Just Eat Lettuce! by Allyn Raifstanger

Review by bkiss317 -- Code Name: Dodger by Eric Auxier

Post by bkiss317 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Code Name: Dodger" by Eric Auxier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Code Name: Dodger, Operation Rubber Soul by Eric Auxier is an epic spy-thriller that will keep you on your toes! You will not want to put this book down. It keeps you guessing until the last page! In this novel, you follow the story of a boy named Justin who has not had the best life; he was sent to an orphanage after his father was killed. Justin has gotten himself into plenty of trouble and has even escaped from the orphanage on a few occasions!

The plot thickens as Justin finds himself in quite the predicament when he is asked to leave the orphanage to go on some ‘psych experiment’. He wants any excuse to leave, but fears it is something more than an experiment. Justin is correct in having an odd feeling about being watched, as in a crazy turn of events, Justin was picked up by the FBI. He is staying with an FBI agent because the man who killed his father is after him. Justin has to figure out how to fend for himself to stay alive—but his curiosity gets the best of him as he tries to find his killer on his own.

This book is an absolutely gripping adventure story! You watch Justin mature and grow into a stronger man, while he is finding out things about his own father he never knew. Justin discovers he is capable of a lot more than just escaping from his orphanage. You will be turning the pages as fast as you can to see where Justin’s ideas about his father’s killer will take him next.

This book is suitable for junior high students, high school students, and even adults. Boys and girls alike can get into the adventure that Justin finds himself on. There is some foul language throughout the book and some fighting scenes that I do not think would be suitable for younger students. Code Name: Dodger, Operation Rubber Soul is a book that will interest even the most reluctant readers. Those interested in spies, mysteries, and adventure will love this book.

This book will also tug at your heart strings as Justin finds a father-like figure in one of the FBI agents. My favorite part of the book was watching their relationship blossom. Does the agent feel the same way about Justin as Justin feels about him? You really start to feel for Justin and root for him to find closure with his dad’s killer. There is nothing that I can pinpoint from the story as a negative; it kept me on my toes and wanting more. It was also exceptionally well written. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. I loved every minute of this book and am excited to get my hands on Eric Auxier’s other novels as well.

Code Name: Dodger
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like bkiss317's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”