Review by Bienn -- Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bienn
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bienn.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Review by Bienn -- Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by Bienn »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Learn to Play Guitar" by Gareth Evans.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Learn to Play Guitar: A Comprehensive Guide for Beginners to Intermediate Players written by Gareth Evans presents good techniques in strumming the acoustic guitar as well as electric guitar. Have you tried to strum, but cannot strum it properly through the beat? I begin studying guitar lessons and strumming is my first struggle. I am glad I have this book as my guide besides on watching guitar lesson. This book suits a person who owns a guitar that still is striving to learn on guitar techniques. To a person who read this book, but does not own a guitar, he or she might not remember some good techniques while reading it. Reading this book with a guitar is the best thing to do. Grab a guitar and start this useful guitar lesson.

To begin with, Gareth introduces the guitar itself and its function. His strumming style makes me happy as I follow it through. Some exercises can be easily memorized with an audio recording and downloadable for free. Tuning the peg as well is the most challenging thing to do for me because the strings might be broken. Gareth's guide really helps, and it is applicable even to those who already knew a guitar.

Gareth gives a precaution in doing such techniques especially when you are too excited. I already experience some fatigue in my hands and legs before I reach the precautions. Favorably, there are also some tips given when you undergo some fatigue in playing. I guess all guitar players experience some hardening within the fingertips. Do you want to know how to alleviate the pain within your fingers while playing guitar? Give time to read this book; it is very useful and might help you to correct your bad habits in playing guitar.

I appreciate the guitar techniques and tips, but the piano diagram really causes me a headache. I don't like any piano diagrams because I can't still comprehend it. I know musicians can grasp it easier than comparing to someone who is still discovering this type of music. Piano and guitar ideas are the same, but still, it's extremely hard for me as of this time. One thing I've learned in the book is "step by step I can learn it, indeed keep on practicing it.

The book is written well, and it is very easy to understand. It seems professionally edited because the diagrams are placed correctly in the topic. I like the flow of the book and its details especially the free audio tracks that serve as a guide to the right tune. I don't know yet how to detect the location or the page on my kindle, but I guess the percentage will do. I noticed this minor dint when forty percent (40%) appears on the screen under the topic "Changing before Chords". The latter issue does not hesitate me to give this book 4 out of 4 stars. I like the flow of the book and its detail especially the free audio tracks that serve as a guide to the right tune. The site is given to download the audio tracks.

Learn to Play Guitar
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Bienn's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Good job! I'm convinced to give this book a try. Your motto really makes me laugh. Hahahaha
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-mon28.html

Post by ma_mon28 »

Great review! It is perfect for my day since I have a guitar, but still, I need some improvements. Thanks for the review. Free audio tracks seem good.
Jacci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Jacci »

Nice review! It's really a good guide for practicing guitar lessons. My hands oftentimes ache because of pressing too much on the fretboard. Go on with your guitar lesson.
:cooking: :cooking: reading while cooking is the best! :techie-reference: :lol2:
Bienn
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bienn.html

Post by Bienn »

Jacci wrote: โ†‘17 Jan 2019, 04:27 Nice review! It's really a good guide for practicing guitar lessons. My hands oftentimes ache because of pressing too much on the fretboard. Go on with your guitar lesson.
My hands do aches, too. Thanks to you. I'm not alone experiencing this, practice is better than nothing.
Remember :hand: to take a bath :liar: first before reading anything! :no-spoil: :? :lol:
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

Nice review! So sad, I love guitar, but the guitar don't love me.

๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ™…
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

Wow, what a book to refresh my hands on playing this thing. Nice review.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€