Review by Thokchom Alice -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alice Thokchom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thokchom-alice.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Review by Thokchom Alice -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

Post by Alice Thokchom »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sigfried's Smelly Socks by Len Foley is a children's book about stinky things. The narrative follows a boy who tries to find the source of the stinky smell. In search of it, he keeps guessing.

At first, Sigfried thought that the smell comes from the rotten banana that he left on the page, and he keeps on guessing further. He talks about dog pee, squish-mushed chewing gum that he stuck on the page, pizza slice that he used as a bookmark, etc. At last, he found out the socks that he kept hidden beneath his bed. This book is literally stinky with all those pages full of foul-smelling stuff. His socks smell like rotten cabbage, ostrich breath, skunk feet, toilet seat, etc.

This book is both humorous and educational. It would help children identify different types of dirty things which produce an unpleasant smell. It would give them an idea of the importance of cleanliness and encourage them to wash their socks regularly.

The illustrations are eye-catching. The thing that caught my eyes was the picture of the chewing gum. It was funny. Different colours are used in different words. I think the length of this book is perfect for children as long books are often a turn off for them.

I personally enjoyed reading this book. It was fun. There was nothing that I didn't like about the book. I believe that it is professionally edited since I didn't find a single error throughout the book. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend it for 3 to 7-year-old children.

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Thokchom Alice's review? Post a comment saying so!
A joke is to entertain people. If it fails to do so, it's something else!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”