Review by T_stone -- Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by T_stone -- Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1)

Post by T_stone »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1)" by Greg Spry.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Beyond Cloud Nine, the first book in the Beyond Saga series by Greg Spry is a science fiction adventure. It has around 300 pages and consists of thirty-eight chapters.

Brooke was born in Yokohama, Japan, and was raised in Colorado Springs. She has a Japanese mother and an American father. Brooke has a rare genetic disorder that makes her anti-social. She was often bullied and ridiculed while growing up because of her distinct facial features.

At age 24, Brooke became a pilot: her dream job since she was ten years old. She was sent to check on the Artemis Water Treatment plant and other parts of the Solar System after attacks by the Vril. While she is defending the water plant, she discovers a cover-up of some sort. Brooke plans to uncover the truth about the attacks. She teams up with Professor Kevin Sommerfield, the inventor of the first faster-than-light propulsion system, and her sister Marie, a TV presenter. Edward Collin, the president of the UN Security Council, doesn't want her findings revealed to the public. Kevin and Brooke began to develop a strong bond while they teamed up against Collin. Will Brooke, Kevin, and Marie be able to uncover the secret before it's too late? Will the romance between Kevin and Brooke flourish or diminish? You'll have to read this story to find out.

This is one of those books you'll find difficult to put down once you start reading. Greg's writing style is simple and easy to understand. He describes every event with so much accuracy. His choice of words is spot on for readers to enjoy; his imagination is fascinating. The novel is fast-paced, and the action starts immediately. Beyond Cloud Nine has an interesting plot with well-developed characters. Although Brooke isn’t perfect, she is focused, brave, ambitious and lucky. She always considers herself extremely lucky. The realistic dialogues make the story more enjoyable. This story also touches topics like family-bond, career, success, and determination. The only thing I didn't like about the novel is that; the fate of some characters isn't discussed in the end.

I'll recommend this book to lovers of fast-paced science fiction stories. Those who like female protagonists will enjoy reading this one. However, readers who dislike flowery descriptions may get bored because of the author’s many details.

There were no grammatical errors in the book. It was well-written and well-edited. The author has included two chapters from the next book in the series. He also included his website, so readers can download his other books from the series; provided they can give an honest review of each book. I see that as a generous act from the author.

Overall, I see no reason to deny Beyond Cloud Nine an excellent rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like T_stone's review? Post a comment saying so!
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

Sounds like an interesting book. I am especially intrigued by Brooke, she seems like a very relatable character. Thank you for this review.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

LivreAmour217 wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 13:40 Sounds like an interesting book. I am especially intrigued by Brooke, she seems like a very relatable character. Thank you for this review.
Thanks for reading and commenting. :tiphat:
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

I like your review giving enough summary and descriptions of the plot and characters. Your list of good points such as the author's simple and descriptive writing style with imagination, fast-paced action, and teamwork of Brooke, Kevin, and Marie to uncover the secret makes me want to read the book.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I believe this one is right up my alley! I like how the author managed good character development even in a plot-driven, fast-paced action book. Thanks for your review and the recommendation.
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

LV2R wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 19:54 I like your review giving enough summary and descriptions of the plot and characters. Your list of good points such as the author's simple and descriptive writing style with imagination, fast-paced action, and teamwork of Brooke, Kevin, and Marie to uncover the secret makes me want to read the book.
Thanks for reading and commenting. I hope you enjoy the book too. :tiphat:

Rob White
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

Shrabastee wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 06:51 I believe this one is right up my alley! I like how the author managed good character development even in a plot-driven, fast-paced action book. Thanks for your review and the recommendation.
Thanks for reading and commenting on my review. I hope your get to read it. :tiphat:

Rob White
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

I occasionally like reading sci-fi novels, especially when they're fast-paced. This one seems like one I'll enjoy. Nice review.
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

prospero360 wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 15:24 I occasionally like reading sci-fi novels, especially when they're fast-paced. This one seems like one I'll enjoy. Nice review.
You should really check it out. You'll enjoy it! Thanks for your comment.

Rob White
M Zee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-zee.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by M Zee »

I've been eying this book for a while and your review really makes me want to take a closer look at it! I really enjoy science-fiction novels and this one seems really interesting. Thanks for the review!
I was born with a reading list I will never finish.
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

M Zee wrote: 23 Jan 2019, 18:05 I've been eying this book for a while and your review really makes me want to take a closer look at it! I really enjoy science-fiction novels and this one seems really interesting. Thanks for the review!
I'm quite sure you'll enjoy it. Thanks :tiphat:

Rob White

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”