Review by Kibetious -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Review by Kibetious -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Does giving money to the poor justify taking it from the vicious thug?

Alex Fine is a young boy at an orphanage who discovers his ‘electroportation’ ability accidentally. This ability enables him to move through the internet fiber optic channels to any destination of his choice. When Alex discovers this ability, he decides to use it to create havoc for every illegitimate organization on the planet. Like any other person, Alex is disturbed greatly by the fact that he possesses this ability. The other worry he has is whether he will be caught by members of the criminal organizations that he has destroyed.

Will Alex be caught? What is the cause of his supernatural power? Is he the only with the power? To get more about this fascinating and memorable story, you have to read this book.

Superhighway was written by Alex Fayman. It falls under the genre of Sci-Fi/Fantasy. The book contains 255 pages. It is the first book in the Superhighway trilogy. The story is narrated in first-person point-of-view. The amazing thing about this point-of-view is that it enables one to feel what the character is feeling at every instance. However, one of its weakness is that at times you will not know what happened after an event where the character leaves, for example how those affected reacted.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It was captivating right from the first page. When Alex began ‘electroporting’, it got more enthralling. It is a book that one can read in a single sitting due to its captivating nature. The characters were well-built. They are considerably few so one will not have to struggle to remember them. The plot of the story was also adequately developed. All the events are arranged chronologically. The story moved back in time only when there was something from the past to be revealed.

The themes in this book included romance, care of orphans, philanthropy, revenge, crime, murder, corruption, and family. The theme that I loved most was philanthropy. Although Alex was a thief, he was able to identify the needy in the society and take care of them. He was not the only character who supported the needy. There were many others who pass a lesson to the reader on the need to help others.

The quest of Alex to steal from the criminals in order to help the needy evoked a big question in my mind. Is it right that some benefit from crime while hurting others in the process? What would I do if I had the same powers? I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is an excellent book. I found one grammatical error in the entire book. It shows that the author did a nice job. I am eagerly waiting for the second book in the trilogy to see how Alex progressed. I recommend the book to fans of Sci-Fi/Fantasy books. Those who love romance books will also enjoy reading it.

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Kibetious's review? Post a comment saying so!
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

The second book should be available already. I read and reviewed them both, and I thoroughly enjoyed them. I think there is a third one but I haven't checked in a while.

Thanks for the review!
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Vscholz wrote: 22 Jan 2019, 14:48 The second book should be available already. I read and reviewed them both, and I thoroughly enjoyed them. I think there is a third one but I haven't checked in a while.

Thanks for the review!
I will have to grab the second book then. I was left in a suspense wondering what happened to Alex. Thanks for the reply too.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The book covers many interesting themes with its scientific plot. I like it. Many thanks for the review!
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 26 Jan 2019, 12:05 The book covers many interesting themes with its scientific plot. I like it. Many thanks for the review!
Thanks a lot for the reply. Indeed, the book is fascinating and memorable. There are a lot of twists and turns in it too that will keep one turning the pages over and over.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Is robbing the criminals to help the needy justifiable? Quite a tough take indeed. I am reminded of a bank robbery sometime back where the robbers gave a little money to the disarmed security guard on their way out, because they claimed he was struggling through life, just like them. Even though the guard handed back the money to the bank, some people thought the thugs were 'good robbers!'
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Cotwani wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 13:36 Is robbing the criminals to help the needy justifiable? Quite a tough take indeed. I am reminded of a bank robbery sometime back where the robbers gave a little money to the disarmed security guard on their way out, because they claimed he was struggling through life, just like them. Even though the guard handed back the money to the bank, some people thought the thugs were 'good robbers!'
This sounds humorous. It is indeed easy to see them as 'good robbers' but in my opinion, robbery is robbery even when we are robbing a robber. Thanks for the reply.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

I read the book and enjoyed every bit of the story. And like you, i asked myself the same question as to whether it's right for someone to extort money from the rich and help the poor. Thank you for your thoughtful review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Nerea wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 05:07 I read the book and enjoyed every bit of the story. And like you, i asked myself the same question as to whether it's right for someone to extort money from the rich and help the poor. Thank you for your thoughtful review.
Thanks for the feedback. I guess the question goes back along way and the answer can be definitely had to find. Been thinking and I guess it robbing is bad whether a robber is being robbed or any other person. It's good that the book was interesting though.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Juliana_Isabella
Currently Reading: Modern Death
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliana-isabella.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Juliana_Isabella »

Thanks for the great review! I read and reviewed this book as well, but I'm afraid I didn't think the characters were as well-developed as you did, causing me to give it a lower score. I'm glad you enjoyed the story though.
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Juliana_Isabella wrote: 27 Mar 2019, 16:15 Thanks for the great review! I read and reviewed this book as well, but I'm afraid I didn't think the characters were as well-developed as you did, causing me to give it a lower score. I'm glad you enjoyed the story though.
Thanks a lot for the reply. I enjoyed reading the book for sure and this may have perhaps my rating of character development.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

Thanks so much for writing this review! I really enjoyed it, the way you explained this story makes it sound a bit like a sci-fi version of the classic Robinhood! I'm definitely very interested and would love to learn more by reading the book itself
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review. Electroportation is quite a unique concept, even for a sci-fi novel.
Benedicta1970
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benedicta1970.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Benedicta1970 »

My favorite genre of books! Congrats on BOTD sounds like an inspiring and amazing book to read
Petronila O
Favorite Book: Annihilation
Currently Reading: Free Fish Friday
Bookshelf Size: 556

Post by Petronila O »

Sci-fi fantasy book a story of A 18yo who grew up in orphanage and few months from moving to college he realized his special powers to travel the world 🌍 such a nice book well put by the author

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”