Review by Radiant3 -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading: Love Is
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: Love Is by Kim Sorrelle

Review by Radiant3 -- Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Radiant3 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches 2" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heartaches 2 by H.M.Irwing is the second of the Bad Boy Vibes series. This sequel continues the passionate relationship between Anna and Rafe. Their attraction for each other has grown deeper and stronger. They continue their training at the army camp, which helps Anna become more confident of herself. However, they are still threatened by the hidden agendas of the Prestons and Eric Dayton. Rafe and Anna then face new information that threatens the stability of their relationship. A strange turn of events places them into a very unusual situation that could solve both their problems. They are invited to stay at the home of someone who adds further complications to their situations.

Pat also has to confront his own challenges. His parents have their own plans for his life. He is petrified of having to tell them the truth. Then someone enters Pat’s life who shakes his emotional world.

Overall, this was a well-written novel. I liked how the storyline continued seamlessly from the previous book. The plot flowed nicely and consistently. Even though I read the story some time ago, I was still able to easily follow along. Although the main theme still focused on Anna and Rafe, the author did a good job of branching off into the lives of the other characters.

There was a nice balance of the emotional and physical sides of the plot. The author was able to develop a great parallel between the emotional intensity of the characters to the intensity of the physical side of their relationships. I found it interesting that the immense pleasure and happiness that Anna and Rafe found with each other was contrasted with the truly terrible things that had happened to both of the characters.

The grammar seemed professionally edited which helped the story flow evenly. The plot was intriguing. The author did a great job of keeping the storyline interesting until the very end which made it difficult to stop reading. The use of language was clear and easily understood. The dialogues were not overdone but nicely intertwined in the novel with lively banter between the characters. I found the writer's development of the perspective of the characters insightful and thorough.

I gave this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy torrid romance novels. This is not for those who are bored by emotional books based on romance or easily offended by sexual content. This is preferable for mature audiences.

Heartaches 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Radiant3's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”