Review by TrishaAnn92 -- Purgatory's Angel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
2017 Reading Goal: 90
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 16
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Review by TrishaAnn92 -- Purgatory's Angel

Post by TrishaAnn92 » 06 Jan 2019, 20:39

[Following is a volunteer review of "Purgatory's Angel" by B Hughes-Millman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Purgatory’s Angel is a paranormal romance written by B. Hughes-Millman. This is the first book in the Dark Angel Series. If you are a lover of paranormal with a tasteful romantic twist, I highly recommend you check this one out! Intense from the very beginning, this book is hard one to put down.

Jaime is not your typical female. When she is awake, she is your typical human. When she closes her eyes, she is probably saving your life, or killing your inner demon while you sleep. Once an angel, now she fights demons in the shadows as a dark angel, bent on saving man kind in their dreams. However, her life both waking and dreaming gets turned upside down upon discovering that the hunter has become the hunted. As a sudden love life develops, Jaime is left in a tailspin in both her waking and dream life. From past betrayals and past loves, Jaime has to put all the missing pieces together in order to save hers and another dark angel’s life.

Throughout the story, we are left anxiously wondering who and why. The author does a fantastic job at playing up the mystery element all the way up to the climatic ending. From the beginning, the main character feels more like an old best friend in relatability. All the characters were well fleshed out and easily likeable or dislikable depending on the character. The plot, full of twists and turns to delight the readers imagination kept a fast, steady pace. Also, the few erotic scenes throughout the book were tastefully written.

I don’t have a negative thing to say about Purgatory’s Angel. With the minor exception of a couple errors, the book seemed very well edited. The most irritating for me, was the love triangle. Who doesn’t love/hate a love triangle, though? I personally don’t care for them, but in this books case it just served to drive my own need to finish the book.

B. Hughes-Millman did a great job with this book and I can’t wait to read the rest in the series. With that said, I rate Purgatory’s Angel a 4 out of 4 stars. This book was intense edge of your seat feelings up until the last page. The plot and characters were well thought out and believable. While I would recommend this to all paranormal romance readers, I would not recommend this to anybody under the age of eighteen. Nor would I recommend this to anyone triggered or put off by depictions of a rape. In this case it is nothing intense in scale and is short in description, however I do believe it is worth noting.

Purgatory's Angel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like TrishaAnn92's review? Post a comment saying so!
‘A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies,’ said Jojen. ‘The man who never reads lives only one.’

– George R. R. Martin

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."
-Harry Potter

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”