Review by Momiji1987 -- Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Momiji1987
2019 Reading Goal: 300
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 1
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 191
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 249
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momiji1987.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
fav_author_id: 64963

Review by Momiji1987 -- Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Momiji1987 » 05 Jan 2019, 23:42

[Following is a volunteer review of "Four Funny Potatoes!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Four Funny Potatoes by Len Foley is a children’s book about singing vegetables and a reluctant banana. Benny the Banana tries to convince everyone he’s not a potato as the lively group of spuds enjoy a loud song and dance with plenty of fun, rhymes, and creativity. Kids and adults alike will enjoy this goofy story from the author of Siegfried’s Smelly Socks.

I was a fan of the author’s previous book, so I decided to review this new one. As before, the author uses a mix of photography and colorful drawings to bring to life all the potatoes, green beans, pies, and bananas who take part in this silly story.

I will say, I was a little shocked at the ending. A hungry fellow comes along and you might guess what happens. However, food wouldn’t be food if it wasn’t eaten, so I suppose most kids won’t give it a second thought, but as an adult, I felt a little sad for the unfortunate edible. However, he ends up in a happy place that might make more sensitive kids feel better about it.

The editing of this book is very well done. I didn’t see any errors and every illustration looks great on the page. I enjoyed the character of the green bean who acts as a stage director. His appearance and personality seemed befitting of the mustache he wore. I also liked the clever rhymes and could imagine a musician coming up with a fun melody to accompany the dramatics.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Children will love repeating the rhymes and laughing at the weird fruits and vegetables. If you enjoyed the author’s first book, then you’ll know to expect a little off-color humor. Almost everyone should enjoy this child-friendly story.

Four Funny Potatoes!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Momiji1987's review? Post a comment saying so!

Sarah Tariq
2019 Reading Goal: 25
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 12
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 96
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tariq.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Sarah Tariq » 10 Jan 2019, 07:04

I also read this book. It is very entertaining with colorful pictures and exquisite rhyming narrative. Thanks for this nice review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”