Review by Anthony Martial Tata -- Eyes of the Predator:

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Anthony Martial Tata
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-martial-tata.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Review by Anthony Martial Tata -- Eyes of the Predator:

Post by Anthony Martial Tata » 29 Dec 2018, 11:28

[Following is a volunteer review of "Eyes of the Predator:" by Glenn Trust.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Eyes of the Predator is a fictional novel by Glenn Trust. In this work of fiction, the author captures the readers attention with a compelling adventures set in Northern Florida. The leading character in the novel is a girl named Lyn.

Lyn is a girl on the run from his abusive father. His father is a drug addict and wasted his money on alcohol. Their house is in poor condition- rattled window panes, some rooms had no glass on the windows and the opening was covered with a piece of plywood. The headlights from her father's truck can be seen in the night, a clear indication that he is back from the daily drinking spree. Lyn's father attitude bothered her. She is abusive and made it a habit hitting her mom and hurling insults at both of them. Her father hated them. He beats her mother for not providing good food yet he had left no money. Lyn is compassionate foot her mother and one day comes to her rescue. She saves her mom from the beast. She hit her father on the head with blunt object that made him lose consciousness. It is there and then that she realizes the house cannot accommodate all of them. Somebody had to leave. Yes, his father couldn't leave. She had to leave. But leave to where? Where will she go? Her father would kill her when she stayed. He hated them her, her mother and brother Sam.

This book has well developed characters with distinct personalities that shine through the madness. Lyn's father actions though entertaining were a little bit out of hand. He was comical. I loved and hated him at the same time. He is mean towards his family. The manner he treats Lyn's mother is unacceptable notwithstanding he was intoxicated. His action will leave readers pondering about appropriate behaviour especially that befitting of a father. He is a shame to fatherhood.

I loved the discussions on abductions, rape and extra judicial killings. They represented the rot within the society. I was pissed off by such incidents. They prick the conscience of humanity. The only feature I disliked in the novel is the slow pace at which the story moved. it was disheartening. I had trouble grasping the introductory bits. However, I felt some relief as the pace picked as the story progressed. There was good plot development and I'm convinced this book can stand alone. There is no need for a second series of this book.

Because this novel is exceptionally well edited; I'll award it a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. I will recommend this book to lovers of treasure hunts, fans of puzzles, and lovers of fiction stories. I will, however, not recommend it to underage readers because it contains mature content.

Eyes of the Predator:
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Anthony Martial Tata's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”